About learning foreign languages by listening tools

To talk about anything else
ten_zero

Re: About learning foreign languages by listening tools

Post by ten_zero »

schwarzgrau wrote: I would love it to be more similar. It would really nice to speak at least a little bit Japanese. I bought a Rosetta Stone Japanese training when I was 13, but I never learned more than Inu, Neko, Shōnen, On'nanoko. I was in Japan in September and learned Arigatōgozaimasu, Gomen nasai, sumimasen etc. But you can't build a sentence with it, at least if you don't want to apologize to a cat.
Why ? I think you can to say for apologize, thanks or comfort in Japanese ; if you ask to take a shot with cat in Japanese language as same as Deutsch "Danke schöen" "Bitte schöen" "Entschuldigung" and "Verzeihung" etc..

Basical greeting sentences is simple but most important thing for life. No border.

"arigato, neko-chan (thank you for my picture model, sweety cat)." "jama wo site gomen-ne (when the cat was sleeping or eating)."

As you understand many Germany vocabulary translated a word of foreign origin as make a written "KATAKANA".
From music, history, medical sciense, industry, literature, art, food, Lied ... especialy "Sinfonie Nr. 9 d-moll op. 125" from Anime to Friedrich von Schiller origin text.

Freude On the Go (Kennzeichnung: 4+ / A Germany self-education iOS app by Beethoven Symphony No.9 “Choral” lyrics )
 https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/mobairu ... d916128583

Spoiler : including Japanim trailer :

My first contact with Goethe poem was a kindergarten "music" class by education TV program.
Like this (with "toi toi toi" ).

The latest Germany & Austrian classical music education program for kindergarten in 2016.
ten_zero

Post by ten_zero »

Today I met an interest thing.

http://dictionary.sanseido-publ.co.jp/d ... mple04.pdf (Japanese edition official sample PDF)

A translated in Japanese book that the World Guide to Gestures published in England, 1994.
There are many contents : One of gesture means completely opposite between Spain & France and Italy, Germany or Finland ... and many disagree commentary with for the East.

Now I have a question.
How do you cope with your works gesture for a different body language market ?
Almost Disney and Dreamworks products seems to do nothing (keep on their culture's way) but many video games changes their character's gesture, scripts and 3DCG textures (including Nintendo and SEGA).

One of a famous scene
In the West : Come on! 8) / In my opinion : Go away !! :x
Last edited by ten_zero on 30 May 2016, 14:12, edited 1 time in total.
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

If possible, I try to imitate the person in front of me, but it's pretty difficult to do, mostly because I need to think about what to say + translations.
Fabrice Debarge
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Fabrice wrote:
If possible, I try to imitate the person in front of me, but it's pretty difficult to do, mostly because I need to think about what to say + translations.
The same here.

For instance, my first time in Japan, when someone gave me his card, even if I knew the common rules (take it with 2 hands, bow a little, read the card...), I always put it -carefully- in my purse.... Until I realized most people I met actually kept my card on the table.

Now, I always do the same and I put the cards in my purse when the meeting is over. =)
ten_zero

Post by ten_zero »

Now, I always do the same and I put the cards in my purse when the meeting is over. =)
:shock:
Madame, I recommend you to go MUJI and select "card case for business" that required separate cards from "purse" ; when you visit Hiroshima, Kansai, Haneda and Narita airport (MUJI to GO awaiting for you) or MUJI Paris, MUJI Germany (near from Metz than Paris) and MUJI Poland for lesson :wink:

Porte-cartes de visite :
A metalic case is better for the first impression but a polyethylene case is careless for every countries ‎baggage inspection/metal detector gate.
 http://www.muji.eu/pages/online.asp?Lan ... =15&Sub=64
 http://sklep.muji.com.pl/ (for increase your Polish daily necessities word power that compare with MUJI France)
If you take the card (as your name, your avatar) in/out your purse, that means "I am / You are not worth to do business with you/me (like this 1 yen / 1 centime coin)" in the Eastern.

* Using a leather card case ; the best way for reserve your client avatar (card).

Near the furure when "do paperless than traditional manner / privacy information / Wi-Fi security risk" for Grobalim, you can exchange digital card by iPhone/Android phone.

Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

My 2 cents :
some of the people we use to meet in Japan just don't have cards.
the animation industry is not as rigid as some other business.
Fabrice Debarge
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Japanese animators don't have business cards. They have large flipbooks which you're obliged to watch from the first to the last frame.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
ten_zero

Post by ten_zero »

some of the people we use to meet in Japan just don't have cards.
the animation industry is not as rigid as some other business.
Japanese animators don't have business cards. They have large flipbooks which you're obliged to watch from the first to the last frame.
Gentlemen, are those reply put me to adaptable person test of Europian "Witz / esprit" or "Sarkasmus / Ironie" ? :(
If you met free-lance Japanim animators who has a carrier over 3 years / joins studio for a thirteen-week period (cours) TV series, they always carry private cards / portfolio / SNS ID for self promotion or next screening.

/* all cards exhibit on internet but address converted dummy */
Spoiler : :
ImageImage
ImageImage
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Fabrice was serious. People in animation (including Japanese) do not always have cards and even less card case. Actually, it sounds very pretentious in this market when you have a card case.

Slowtiger was surely joking or thinking about something he actually experienced.

By the way, I meant purse as a handbag (where I put the most valuable and important things, like my passport, my phone and my wallet).
ten_zero

Post by ten_zero »

Fabrice was serious. People in animation (including Japanese) do not always have cards and even less card case. Actually, it sounds very pretentious in this market when you have a card case.

Slowtiger was surely joking or thinking about something he actually experienced.
Merci beaucoup for analyses ; seriously I will dislike about these tease style.
By the way, I meant purse as a handbag (where I put the most valuable and important things, like my passport, my phone and my wallet).
Is it not to classify "a billfold" for purse (for coin), wallet (for paper money), pocketbook (paper monen plus credic card) with card case (business card) in EU or North/South America ?
Excuse me, I did not understand about your "wallet" means "a evening (for business) bag".
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

ten_zero wrote:Gentlemen, are those reply put me to adaptable person test of Europian "Witz / esprit" or "Sarkasmus / Ironie" ? :(
No, I was serious (I won't speak instead Slowtiger about his own sentence, it's a joke but I'm not 100% sure about the idea behind it).
I met quite a lot of people in the japanese animation industry during the last 10 years, in both France and Japan.
I can say that about 1/3 of them didn't show me a business card.
Fabrice Debarge
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Of course that was a joke! Here in Europe Japanese are famous for being very formal. But the animators from all over the world I've met in Stuttgart were just the opposite - even when they exchanged business cards. (Only a few actually had business cards, many more had postcards with some info and artwork from their films, and some contact information.)
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
ten_zero

Post by ten_zero »

Of course that was a joke!
I understand why the people did not show a private card...

"Intouchables (2011/France)" was a "for all ages" movie in EU, but rated 18+ : verbal violence, drug addiction, racial discrimination, criminal act in Asia & Japan (R12+).
CANAL+ "Les Guignols de L'info" : violate public order and standards of decency in Asia (especialy Japan).
Remember If you think "it was a joke", a grown up people in different culture take "it is a affront" both with words and gesture : And vice versa , we know the United Nations and many the intellectual overseas senior always make plans for a prohibition Japanim / Manga from an ethical standpoint for education.

BBC:The godmother of manga sex in Japan
  • TEZUKA Osamu's rule : Never use insult word, play a trick and depict for other nation culture on your products.
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Ten-Zero,
Markus is german, I don't think the french film " intouchables " and the very french TV serie " les guignols de l'info " are relevant for him.
Fabrice Debarge
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Plus, I would add that French and German humour are quite difference : the first one mocks people with clichés, the second one is more about situations.

Ten_Zero, you disapprove French humour because it's not your culture.

Les Guignols de l'info are very satirical : they critic government and mock other people, even the French.
For instance,"American" folk is always represented as Silvester Stallone, who always talks about French people as "Les fromages qui puent" (Stinky cheeses).

That's the strength of French humour : we mock other and we also know to mock ourselves. That's something Japanese fellows will probably never be able to do (you don't mock other, so you don't know how to make fun of yourselves).

So it's up to you : you can try to understand or at least, tolerate it, konwing that there is nothing against you personally, but don't expect us to change our behaviour.