Weight exercise Topic is solved

Show us your drawings and animation made with the TVPaint technology here !
nachoblanco

Weight exercise

Post by nachoblanco »

Hello, everyone.

My name is Nacho, and this is my first post here. I wanted to share with you an exercise I made on weight, where a character is trying to advance against the (very strong) wind.

Any thoughts?

Thank you.
D.T. Nethery

Re: Weight exercise

Post by D.T. Nethery »

nachoblanco wrote: 25 Oct 2017, 10:32 Hello, everyone.

My name is Nacho, and this is my first post here. I wanted to share with you an exercise I made on weight, where a character is trying to advance against the (very strong) wind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIRNE3tmqTg

Any thoughts?

Thank you.
Very good ! I have one note for you: at the end around the 00:21 mark (frames 514 - 533) when the character is picked up and carried away by the wind , the abrupt change of direction doesn't work. All the action previously has been working against the strong wind current moving left to right , but now the wind direction suddenly shifts and blows him into the far background . At that point it loses a sense of believable weight for me. I would suggest you resolve it by having him lose the battle as an extra large gust of wind lifts him off his feet and blows him out to screen right .
abrupt change of direction at end.jpg
abrupt change of direction at end.jpg (88.9 KiB) Viewed 50601 times

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Hello and welcome,

Nice job, where are you studying ?
Fabrice Debarge
nachoblanco

Post by nachoblanco »

D.T. Nethery wrote: 25 Oct 2017, 12:16
Very good ! I have one note for you: at the end around the 00:21 mark (frames 514 - 533) when the character is picked up and carried away by the wind , the abrupt change of direction doesn't work. All the action previously has been working against the strong wind current moving left to right , but now the wind direction suddenly shifts and blows him into the far background . At that point it loses a sense of believable weight for me. I would suggest you resolve it by having him lose the battle as an extra large gust of wind lifts him off his feet and blows him out to screen right .
Oh, it's a good idea. Thank you, D.T. Nethery.
nachoblanco

Post by nachoblanco »

Fabrice wrote: 25 Oct 2017, 14:27 Hello and welcome,

Nice job, where are you studying ?
Hi, Fabrice.

Thank you. I'm just a self-taught.

Regards.
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Thank you. I'm just a self-taught.
great !
Fabrice Debarge
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

Probably it's just my personal opinion, but at some of the pretty fast movements I miss something for the eye to follow. You could try to add some smears at least in the few frames which have a lot of movement in them.
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
nachoblanco

Post by nachoblanco »

schwarzgrau wrote: 29 Oct 2017, 17:39 Probably it's just my personal opinion, but at some of the pretty fast movements I miss something for the eye to follow. You could try to add some smears at least in the few frames which have a lot of movement in them.
Yes, some smears and blurs would be nice. Thank you for your suggestion, schwarzgrau.
lam giang

Post by lam giang »

self-taught!!! Love your work!
o0Ampy0o

Post by o0Ampy0o »

D.T. Nethery wrote: 25 Oct 2017, 12:16...I would suggest you resolve it by having him lose the battle as an extra large gust of wind lifts him off his feet and blows him out to screen right.
Hi Nacho,

You could also integrate the effect of ebbs and flows which support the approaching gust of wind finale taking him to flight in many directions.

This is an interesting exercise. Very nicely drawn. How long have you been working with TVPaint?
Main System: Mac Mini running OS X: Big Sur | M1 | 16GB RAM | have not installed TVPaint on new M1 need to update to current as of 9/2022 ...pending non-dongle license 1/2023 | iPad Pro, Apple Pencil and Astropad | Wacom Intros Pro
nachoblanco

Post by nachoblanco »

lam giang wrote: 09 Nov 2017, 02:09 self-taught!!! Love your work!
Thank you very much, lam giang :D
nachoblanco

Post by nachoblanco »

o0Ampy0o wrote: 09 Nov 2017, 05:18
D.T. Nethery wrote: 25 Oct 2017, 12:16...I would suggest you resolve it by having him lose the battle as an extra large gust of wind lifts him off his feet and blows him out to screen right.
Hi Nacho,

You could also integrate the effect of ebbs and flows which support the approaching gust of wind finale taking him to flight in many directions.

This is an interesting exercise. Very nicely drawn. How long have you been working with TVPaint?
Thank you for your suggestion, o0Ampy0o, and for your words. I started to learn TVPaint about two years and a half. For me, TVPaint and animation go hand in hand.

Regards!