TVPaint User Accounts are now available !

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Thierry
Site Admin

TVPaint User Accounts are now available !

Post by Thierry »

Réseaux_paysage_Web.png
Hello everyone !

The TVPaint User Accounts are now available on our website.
In this post, I'll guide you through the steps to activate it.

First of all, you are going to receive an email from odoo-account@tvpaint.fr, which will look like this:
1_mail-invit.PNG
1_mail-invit.PNG (61.86 KiB) Viewed 57837 times
If you click on the link to set your password, you will arrive here:
2_valid-password_.png
This webpage is not hosted on tvpaint.com, but on Odoo.com, but don't worry.
Once your password is set, you will be redirected to your user account:
3_account-home.PNG
You can see that it is divided in 3 parts:

1. Your TVPaint account

In which you can edit your contact information, change your password, edit your technical information and your social networks.
Let's start with the Contact Information. In it, you can change your email and physical addresses, your website, phone number, skype ID, avatar (which will be useful in the future) and if you want to receive the newsletter:
4-1_conatct-info_.png
4-1_conatct-info_.png (77.81 KiB) Viewed 57837 times
If you click on Edit, you will see that you do not have the possibility to change some fields:
4-2_conatct-info_.png
4-2_conatct-info_.png (85.75 KiB) Viewed 57837 times
Indeed, your name, and type (Freelance, Studio, School, Student or Reseller) cannot be changed, to prevent abuse (someone registering as student, purchasing a license at a reduced price, then changing to a Freelance for example).

The Change password section is a very basic one, and lets you change your password. You will need to enter your current password, then the new one:
5_change-pass.PNG
5_change-pass.PNG (23.73 KiB) Viewed 57837 times
In the Technical Information section, you can fill in your "speciality" i.e. your job. You can also specify your OS information, and your tablet type.
While these fields are not mandatory, I strongly recommand you to fill at least the System and Tablet type fields. These information can help us a lot in case of issues with the software.
6_technical.PNG
In the Social Networks section, you can fill in your Facebook page, Twitter / LinkedIn, Deviant Art, Vimeo... account.
Once again, these fields are not mandatory.
7_social.PNG
7_social.PNG (46.43 KiB) Viewed 57837 times
2. Your Invoices

This section is divided in 2 parts: Before April 2017, and After April 2017.
This was the time where we switched from our previous invoice software to this new system.

Here's what the Before April 2017 section looks like:
8_invoice-before.PNG
8_invoice-before.PNG (48 KiB) Viewed 57837 times
And here's what the After April 1st 2017 section looks like:
9-2_invoice-after.PNG
9-2_invoice-after.PNG (82.95 KiB) Viewed 57837 times
By clicking on the Invoice number, you can download it (in the PDF format). You then have the Invoice date, and you know if the invoice is paid or not (in that case, the amount due is shown at the right).

3. Your Software

Right now, there are 2 sections here: Using the Safenet protection system, and Trial version.
That's right, now you will no longer need to fill the trial version form when you want to download it, just log in to your account and you're good to go.

Let's start with Using the Safenet protection system:
10_safenet.PNG
All software versions are listed: version 8, 9, 10 and 11, with the Beta version and the Creation Pack. You can download the software (after choosing a configuration), or request the unlock code to be sent to your email address.
11_config.png
11_config.png (16.63 KiB) Viewed 57837 times
The Trial version section isn't much different, just choose the configuration, and download it.
12_demo.png
12_demo.png (71.68 KiB) Viewed 57837 times
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the User Account, we also revamped the Contact Form:
13_contact-form.PNG
It hasn't changed much compared to the old one, the categories and sub-categories are the same, but the system is now tied to the User Account: if you have an issue with the software, and if you have filled the Technical Information section of the User Account, we now know which OS and which tablet you have, and this will save us a lot of time.
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
matstegner

Re: TVPaint User Accounts are now available !

Post by matstegner »

I can't see any invoices or software/dongle information. When will those show up?
Edit: They show up today...
Mats Tegner
Animation i Väst
TVPaint Animation Pro 11.0.8
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

I can see my invoices, but I can't download them. The file-size seems to be 0kb.
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
matstegner

Post by matstegner »

I have the same issue. The invoice is listed but I'm unable to download it.
TVPaint Animation Pro 11.0.8
o0Ampy0o

Post by o0Ampy0o »

I never received an email about this. I could not log on at the website although a message said an account existed with my email address. I reset the password and logged in. Then it would not allow me to update information. I could update the section to show I subscribed to the newsletter but the technical information repeatedly generated the following error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.

Also, an invoice seems to be present but when attempting to download it message says "file not found"
Main System: Mac Mini running OS X: Big Sur | M1 | 16GB RAM | have not installed TVPaint on new M1 need to update to current as of 9/2022 ...pending non-dongle license 1/2023 | iPad Pro, Apple Pencil and Astropad | Wacom Intros Pro
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

schwarzgrau wrote: 10 Nov 2017, 10:51I can see my invoices, but I can't download them. The file-size seems to be 0kb.
matstegner wrote: 10 Nov 2017, 13:25I have the same issue. The invoice is listed but I'm unable to download it.
o0Ampy0o wrote: 12 Nov 2017, 06:01Also, an invoice seems to be present but when attempting to download it message says "file not found"
Issue confirmed, we'll look into this.
o0Ampy0o wrote: 12 Nov 2017, 06:01Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
There was a bit of overload last week, as several thousand users received the invitation email, but it should be better now.
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

I did not receive an invitation either, but when I try to create an account via the website I get this message:
Another user is already registered using this email address.
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

Thierry wrote: 13 Nov 2017, 09:18
schwarzgrau wrote: 10 Nov 2017, 10:51I can see my invoices, but I can't download them. The file-size seems to be 0kb.
matstegner wrote: 10 Nov 2017, 13:25I have the same issue. The invoice is listed but I'm unable to download it.
o0Ampy0o wrote: 12 Nov 2017, 06:01Also, an invoice seems to be present but when attempting to download it message says "file not found"
Issue confirmed, we'll look into this.
Fix', invoices can be downloaded again.
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

Sewie wrote: 13 Nov 2017, 11:34 I did not receive an invitation either, but when I try to create an account via the website I get this message:
Another user is already registered using this email address.
Check your PMs :)
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

That worked. Thanks!
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
Animark

Post by Animark »

Edit: Problem solved by PM. :-).

Hello,

I just got my new TVPaint. I didn't deinstalled my former version (11.08) and just changed the dongle (removed the old one, plucked in the new one). That seems to work and I tried to get the new unlock code from the user account.
Should I get an email immediately, because it will sent automatically, or do you send it by hand and I have to wait a bit? (I tried two times, but nothing happened yet.)

I am also a bit irritated because my Lock Code in the user account says "... STD...", and in TVPaint it says "... NET...". All the other numbers and letters are the same. Is that a problem, maybe?

Thanks and best regards :-).

(Edit: solved)
TVPaint 10.5.7 - Win10/64
TVPaint 11.0.8 - Win10/64
TVPaint 11.0.8 - Win10/64 (Wacom Companion 2)
GregH

Post by GregH »

I didn't receive an email either. I attempt to use the contact form on the site, and regardless of the browser I use or how I fill it out, I get the error message "X Please fill in the form correctly."
TVPaint Pro 11.0.9
Mac OSX 10.14.6 (Mojave)
Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 32 bit
Wacom 6.1.7-4
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Screenshots please ? :)
GregH

Post by GregH »

Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 4.28.22 pm.png
TVPaint Pro 11.0.9
Mac OSX 10.14.6 (Mojave)
Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 32 bit
Wacom 6.1.7-4
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Thanks ! Just tested through my phone : bug confirmed. I'm almost in the office, I'll try from there and if it won't work, I'll create / activate your account and will send you the details by PM.