Mac OS Catalina, Mojave and High Sierra (update 08/10/2019)

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
JeremyN
Site Admin

Re: Mac OS High Sierra

Post by JeremyN »

Yes, reinstalling Sentinel's driver should still works. However, if driver 7.5.4 doesn't work, try with driver 7.4.2.

It seems that Apple breaks more and more things with High Sierra update...
Mac Developer
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

JeremyN wrote: 26 Feb 2018, 08:11 Yes, reinstalling Sentinel's driver should still works.

However, if driver 7.5.4 doesn't work, try with driver 7.4.2.
Thank you.

If anyone needs a link to find driver 7.4.2 Sentinel UltraPro dongle for Mac , here it is:

https://sentinelcustomer.gemalto.com/se ... &l=English

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
gjeaks

Post by gjeaks »

Does anybody have a problem with a pixelated UI? I am getting the jagged/sharp lines while drawing as well.
Has a solution been found?

Recently go a mac T_T
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 7.54.56 AM.png
MacBook Pro 2019 / macOS Sonoma 14.0 / Core i7 / 16 GB / Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB / Cintiq Pro 16 / TVP PRO 11.7 64-bit
gjeaks

Post by gjeaks »

So I had the guidelines turned off and got my lines back.
Attachments
linesmooting.png
MacBook Pro 2019 / macOS Sonoma 14.0 / Core i7 / 16 GB / Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB / Cintiq Pro 16 / TVP PRO 11.7 64-bit
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Apple is doing its best to nudge everyone to update to Mac OS High Sierra . Their latest step in this effort is the removal of Mac OS Sierra from the App store, reportedly even from the "previously purchased" list. Fortunately, Apple is still providing Sierra for download, just hidden out of view - follow the link below.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208202

Get the Sierra installer while you still can , as a back-up if you need to reinstall Sierra and don't want to update to High Sierra.

Patrick_Meikle

Post by Patrick_Meikle »

Hello Everyone,

I've been having issues with High Sierra. Sadly, downgrading my OS isn't currently an option for me. I received your software just two days ago and the dongle was only recognised once so far. It worked with the 7.4.2 driver that was suggested, however after shutting down the software and re-plugging in the dongle a little while after, the same issues arose stating that I have exceeded my network license or need to plug in the dongle. Also, this happened after my computer prompted me that someone else had my IP address. I'm a newb to these things and really need the assistance.

My current computer model is a MacBook Pro Mid-2015 (1 month old)
macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)
2.2Ghz Intel Core i7
16 GB RAM

If the issues with drivers persists, is there any possible update that Safenet is possibly preparing that would be compatible with High Sierra or something of the sort?
Computer: MacBook Pro Mid-2015/ 2.2GHz Intel Core i7/16GB RAM
Software: TV Paint 11.0.8 (32-Bit) Standard Edition
Tablet: Wacom Cintiq 13HD
Patrick_Meikle

Post by Patrick_Meikle »

This is what has happened recently. I try to allow it as well and does not seem to register when I click allow. Nothing happens no matter how many times I do click it.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 9.35.39 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 9.35.39 PM.png (80.1 KiB) Viewed 48166 times
Computer: MacBook Pro Mid-2015/ 2.2GHz Intel Core i7/16GB RAM
Software: TV Paint 11.0.8 (32-Bit) Standard Edition
Tablet: Wacom Cintiq 13HD
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

Yeah, it seems that there is a lot of issues with the "Allow" button in High Sierra :/

According to what I've read on Apple forums, if you have 3rd-party software that can intercept and/or emulate your mouse movements and clicks, you will not be able to click on the "Allow" button.
Here's some threads I've found:
- Allow button doesn't work in Security & Privacy
- "Allow" Button in System Preferences for Blocked System Software Doesn't Work

I've also read that using Wacom tablets might also cause the issue, so if you unplug your Wacom, then click with your normal mouse on the button, it might work.

There's a lot of info on this page: https://github.com/tekezo/Karabiner-Ele ... ssues/1017
I had a similar issue in 10.13.3. It took a few days to find a fix. Namely, Security asked me to "approve" Google for its Google File Stream Drive KEXT. In console, I could see that the keypress event was being rejected. It was ultimately due to the use of a third-party mouse from Logitech. I plugged in my Magic Mouse, click on the "approve" and things started to work as advertised.
So, I figured this out!!! I use magic perf to intercept various touchpad actions. It seems like Apple is obsessed with security. If you have this problem try to disable any apps that my capture and forward clicks. The click must come from the touchpad directly. << pulling my hair out >>
Alternatively you can use the keyboard, if you have full keyboard access enabled:
Then just press tab several times until the "Allow" button is highlighted, then press space to activate it.
Can you try these solutions, and if one works, tell me which one ?
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
joonasjoonas

Post by joonasjoonas »

Hi!

It was a struggle, but I finally got this to work.
I'm running High Sierra on an iMac and I have a Wacom Cintiq 22HD. (I'm also running it on an MacBook pro with otherwise the same setup. That one worked fine all the time)

I got TVPAINT to work on the iMac (*probably) like this:

-New drivers from Wacom (which do not work after restart, needs clearing the preferences after every restart)
-Sentinel 7.4.2 driver
-Allowing running it in System Preferences while Cintiq USB was not connected!
-Re-installing TVPaint
-Plugging the dongle into the USB port
-Seems to work (I haven't had the guts to restart the system since I have some work to finish, but I'll do that later this week, and I'll let you know if it doesn't work anymore)

*I say probably because I tried all sorts of things before, everything listed above in the thread and some other stuff, but any of them didn't seem to work.

I hope this helps!
joonasjoonas

Post by joonasjoonas »

UPDATE -

After restart, this doesn't work anymore.
Bea

Post by Bea »

Hello,

My Mac computer has automatically updated to the latest version: 10.13.4
Now TvPaint is not working. What can I do?
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Bea wrote: 02 May 2018, 07:41 Hello,

My Mac computer has automatically updated to the latest version: 10.13.4
Now TvPaint is not working. What can I do?
I'm sorry this happened. Please believe me, I'm not being flippant at all, but I will say one thing to do is turn off the automatic software update . (that doesn't help now , but could avoid similar issues in the future).

I don't know the answer to the conflict with 10.13 . (I'm still on 10.11 and staying there as long as possible) . I hope someone from TVPaint can chime in soon with some advice for you.

idilly

Post by idilly »

Hello! i've been encountering problems lunching TV Paint on mac osX hight Sierra after I updated my TVpaint from 10 to 11.8 version. TVpaint keeps telling me to replug the dongle, thought the dongle is placed correctly, and my tvpaint is licenced of course. Actually I still can run TVPaint after reinstallation of sentiel driver from the previous version (dowloaded with tvpaint10). So before every opening of the program i have to reinstall sentinel driver to open it. CAn it be fixed somehow? https://gyazo.com/c4e90422b08441c66368a4152ebb6a4c
Thierry
Site Admin

Re: Mac OS High Sierra (update 15/03/2018)

Post by Thierry »

The original post on this topic has been updated with the correct procedure on how to install the dongle drivers.
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
MBThomas

Re: Mac OS High Sierra (update 15/03/2018)

Post by MBThomas »

I've tried the updated installation tutorial multiple times and yet for some reason, it still doesn't read my dongle.

I'm not going to spend $700 to get a new disc.