EDIT COLORS palette CTG LAYER disappear Topic is solved

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
Animationriver

EDIT COLORS palette CTG LAYER disappear

Post by Animationriver »

I turn to the layer with lines to paint them. The COLOR & TEXTURE LAYER layer palette disappears. Then I have to get out the palette again with the button on the EDIT COLOR layer. :shock:
Listen to this. Well, really you can not make a button ... To the palette does not disappear! I'm terribly tired of getting it again and again ...
This is a great idea. :idea:
If someone is tired of getting the palette constantly ... support me.
Maybe developers will hear us!)) :roll: :roll: :roll:
Ufff))) :D :D :D
Attachments
8888.jpg
Last edited by Animationriver on 06 Apr 2018, 13:46, edited 1 time in total.
www.youtube.com/c/animationriver
MAC OS Sierra 10.12.6 64 bits , MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB Memory , TVPaint PRO 11.5.2 64bit
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 Мb
Wacom Cintiq 27 QHD Touch - Wacom Intuos Pro 5 - driver version 6.3.37-2
2dbert

Re: EDIT COLORS palette CTG LAYER disappear

Post by 2dbert »

Just check the "use these colors only" box of the CTG layer's palette once you're happy with. You can then change between layers, and the palette will automatically change matching your layer. When you want to edit the palette of your CTG layer, untick it again and back on when you're done. That should do the trick if I got your problem right.
Mac OSX Version 10.9 - 2GHz Intel Core 64(? I think so at least)bit - 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3 - Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
Yiynova MSP19U
TvPaint Animation 11.0.6 Pro
Animationriver

Post by Animationriver »

2dbert wrote: 20 Mar 2018, 12:08 Just check the "use these colors only" box of the CTG layer's palette once you're happy with. You can then change between layers, and the palette will automatically change matching your layer. When you want to edit the palette of your CTG layer, untick it again and back on when you're done. That should do the trick if I got your problem right.
I just want the Palette not to disappear. When I go out to another layer. On any other layer. It disappears !!! I'm tired of getting it again and again.
2dbert

Post by 2dbert »

Yes, but as I said: after editing the colors of your panel, check the "use these colors only " box in your CTG color panel. Then it will reappear any time you get back to your CTG layer.
In your screenshot, that very box is ticked off, so I guess that's why your panel doesn't reappear after changing to and from another layer.

And as I also said, ticking that box won't carve anything in stone, you can still tick it off and edit the colours over and over again, just remember to tick it on again once you're happy with them.

And if you need to use the same color panel palette on several CTG Layers, or use identical ones as a base for similar palettes, you can choose "load from file" in the drop down menu next to the box that says "add color A" by default, fetch the original palette from there and edit it individually as a new palette. I don't think it will alter the original palette, but I recommend a test run, it's been some time since I did this ( I'm adding all this just in case I didn't properly understand your problem).
Mac OSX Version 10.9 - 2GHz Intel Core 64(? I think so at least)bit - 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3 - Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
Yiynova MSP19U
TvPaint Animation 11.0.6 Pro
Animationriver

Post by Animationriver »

2dbert wrote: 20 Mar 2018, 20:44 Yes, but as I said: after editing the colors of your panel, check the "use these colors only " box in your CTG color panel. Then it will reappear any time you get back to your CTG layer.
In your screenshot, that very box is ticked off, so I guess that's why your panel doesn't reappear after changing to and from another layer.

And as I also said, ticking that box won't carve anything in stone, you can still tick it off and edit the colours over and over again, just remember to tick it on again once you're happy with them.

And if you need to use the same color panel palette on several CTG Layers, or use identical ones as a base for similar palettes, you can choose "load from file" in the drop down menu next to the box that says "add color A" by default, fetch the original palette from there and edit it individually as a new palette. I don't think it will alter the original palette, but I recommend a test run, it's been some time since I did this ( I'm adding all this just in case I didn't properly understand your problem).
"Use these colors only!"
This completely solved the problem with which I came here. I'm very grateful to you for insisting on this button.
I thought she would not keep the panel. But she has this necessary function.
I would suggest renaming this window:
HOLD THESE COLORS
or
KEEP THESE COLORS
Thanks!