Warp on just one frame

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
schwarzgrau

Warp on just one frame

Post by schwarzgrau »

If you use the warp-tool and already warped a bit of the image and flip to the previous or next image this image gets also affected by the warp. Would be nice if the warp would stay on the frame you activated the warp tool, so you could flip between the frames to see if it fits the frames before and after.
Pew, it's hard to describe. I hope it's clear what I want to say.
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
D.T. Nethery

Re: Warp on just one frame

Post by D.T. Nethery »

schwarzgrau wrote: 04 Jun 2018, 16:21 If you use the warp-tool and already warped a bit of the image and flip to the previous or next image this image gets also affected by the warp. Would be nice if the warp would stay on the frame you activated the warp tool, so you could flip between the frames to see if it fits the frames before and after.
Pew, it's hard to describe. I hope it's clear what I want to say.
I understand exactly what you are describing. I have thought the same thing , that the warp should only affect one frame , so you can flip between the previous and following frames to see if the warped image fits correctly .

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

Yea, exactly! Thank you for making it a bit more understandable.
I don't know if the current behavior has any purpose, but maybe it would be nice to choose between these two behaviors.
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
Benjamin Cerbai

Post by Benjamin Cerbai »

Thank you for this feedback!
Benjamin Cerbai, illustrator and videographer.
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

This really is an interesting idea - which could be expanded in useful ways when working with ARAP Warp mode.

I was hoping a simple button/script could be created that would provide this capability (and more), but in truth, the GEORGE commands related to ARAP Warp management are in dire need of an update to expand that versatility.

One enhancement that would really help is the ability to momentarily STORE a LIBRARY sourced object, and its deformed grid WITH assigned PINS, so that you could do other operations (like flip a temporary, LIBRARY sourced, WARP deformation frame) and then reinstate the LIBRARY sourced, WARP deformed object, its grid and pins, to continue tweaking the in-progress ARAP deformation.

Or maybe, in the meantime, enhance the flip mode with a special, limited option that permits viewing an in-progress, deformed frame in a short sequence, then return to and reactivate the deformed, pinned LIBRARY sourced object, with its existing grid and pins, back in WARP mode.

Personally, I really think its time to release a serious enhancement to the GEORGE ARAP Warp command set, and let scripters build more complex Warp mode functionality. ARAP Warp (still in its original version THREE YEARS LATER) continues to be only a partly realized tool.

sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Svengali wrote: 27 Jun 2018, 14:31 Personally, I really think its time to release a serious enhancement to the GEORGE ARAP Warp command set, and let scripters build more complex Warp mode functionality. ARAP Warp (still in its original version THREE YEARS LATER) continues to be only a partly realized tool.
Yes. This is a potentially great tool for animating , but it needs additional development as has been discussed frequently here on the forum for THREE YEARS as you point out .

This post: https://www.tvpaint.com/forum/viewtopic ... 21&t=11915 should be of interest . Did you see this one , Svengali ?

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

D.T. Nethery wrote: 15 Jul 2018, 02:02 This post: https://www.tvpaint.com/forum/viewtopic ... 21&t=11915 should be of interest . Did you see this one , Svengali ?
Yes, I saw it and tried to find a version to download - did anyone else find?

I like what they do with Skuid, and I think something like it could be done with TVPaint ARAP Warp grid tools, depending on what extensions and enhancements we get in the controls and environment.

I've been trying to find a way to edit multi-layer sequences from what GEORGE already provides. After I clean it up I'll post it.

Hoping we have some significant update to ARAP Warp in the next few Betas, :wink:

Sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Using those OOP scripts (http://www.tvpaint.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10766), you can fake this behaviour using the ligthtable. Basically it hides current frame and puts next and previous frame on the ligtable at full opacity, and lighttable isn’t warped so you really flip it.

We could imagine enhencing the script to make it flip on all the images of the lightable and not just previous and next image.

I use it often while transforming or with fx
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.