Line Colorize Enhanced - how does it work ?

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
D.T. Nethery

Line Colorize Enhanced - how does it work ?

Post by D.T. Nethery »

This video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-6mnirDBbc shows a quick demonstration of what the new feature Line Colorize Enhanced FX does , but a more detailed video tutorial (or a new page added to the User Manual) on how to set the parameters (the Color Sets - Dark - to - Light ) would be helpful.

I'm getting sort of lost trying to figure it out .

Is there anyone here who has ever used this FX and could offer an explanation of how to use it ?

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
melanie

Re: Line Colorize Enhanced - how does it work ?

Post by melanie »

The full tutorial and documentation about this effect will be out soon.

This FX is used to color the colored lines according to the correspondent colors in your colorization layer.
The color tones will refer to the colors of your colorization layer. In the video, I set the Dark1 to the dark green, Normal to the middle green, and Light1 to the lighter green.
And so on, following the same logic for the other color tones of my character.

In the destination colors, you will set the colors of your colored lines present your colored lines layer.
Depending on what color you want to change your line, you will set Darker, Dark1, Normal, Light1 or Lighter. And then the colored lines will change accordingly.
The range will allow you to remove some accidents in the line if you have difference of opacity in the initial colored line.

The FX must be applied on the colored lines layer.
Melanie • Animator
D.T. Nethery

Re: Line Colorize Enhanced - how does it work ?

Post by D.T. Nethery »

melanie wrote: 18 Jul 2018, 08:57 The full tutorial and documentation about this effect will be out soon.

This FX is used to color the colored lines according to the correspondent colors in your colorization layer.
The color tones will refer to the colors of your colorization layer. In the video, I set the Dark1 to the dark green, Normal to the middle green, and Light1 to the lighter green.
And so on, following the same logic for the other color tones of my character.

In the destination colors, you will set the colors of your colored lines present your colored lines layer.
Depending on what color you want to change your line, you will set Darker, Dark1, Normal, Light1 or Lighter. And then the colored lines will change accordingly.
The range will allow you to remove some accidents in the line if you have difference of opacity in the initial colored line.

The FX must be applied on the colored lines layer.
Thank you ! The explanation of how to adjust the Color Sets of Dark 1 - Normal - Light 1 related to the Destination colors is helpful.
I look forward to the full tutorial .

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1