Moving Open Project Tabs

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Greenlaw

Moving Open Project Tabs

Post by Greenlaw »

Quick question: Can the order of the tabs for open project files be dragged and re-ordered?

For example, if I have tabs reading from left to right: 's001, bg005, s003, bg004, s002', is there a way to drag them to read 's001, s002, s003, bg004, bg005'?

At the moment, I have a lot of tabs open and it would be helpful if I could re-order them in a more logical order than the order in which they were opened.

Thanks in advance for any info.
D.R. Greenlaw
Artist/Partner, Little Green Dog
Lead Digital Animator, DreamWorks Animation Television
D.T. Nethery

Re: Moving Open Project Tabs

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Greenlaw wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 22:05 Quick question: Can the order of the tabs for open project files be dragged and re-ordered?

For example, if I have tabs reading from left to right: 's001, bg005, s003, bg004, s002', is there a way to drag them to read 's001, s002, s003, bg004, bg005'?

At the moment, I have a lot of tabs open and it would be helpful if I could re-order them in a more logical order than the order in which they were opened.

Thanks in advance for any info.
I don't think it's possible, but it would be a good feature to have . You should request it in the Feature Requests topic.
(unless I"m wrong and it is possible ? I hope someone will tell us how , if it is possible)

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

It is indeed not possible to do that.

This is already in the to-do list, as we've discussed this a few years ago: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=9901
I'm afraid that what Elodie said at the time is still true, and it won't be possible in v11.
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Thanks for responding guys.

Yes, this will be a useful enhancement, and I'm glad to hear the team has been looking into it. Will look for it in a future release then. Good luck!
D.R. Greenlaw
Artist/Partner, Little Green Dog
Lead Digital Animator, DreamWorks Animation Television