Pinning CTG Edit Color window

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Greenlaw

Pinning CTG Edit Color window

Post by Greenlaw »

Hi,

This is probably a very basic question, so my apologies in advance. Here goes:

I was teaching my daughter how to use CTG and we were wondering: is there a way to pin the CTG color palette window so that it doesn't completely close and go away when we click another layer? It was frustrating that we had to keep clicking on the palette icon and re-selecting Edit Colors command every time we switched back to a CTG layer, and we thought there must be a way to keep the Edit Color window open until we wish to close it. I looked in the docs for an answer this morning but nothing has turned up.

Thanks for any helpful info.
D.R. Greenlaw
Artist/Partner, Little Green Dog
Lead Digital Animator, DreamWorks Animation Television
Greenlaw

Re: Pinning CTG Edit Color window

Post by Greenlaw »

Oh, never mind! I was playing around with CTG's Edit Color a minute ago and realized I misunderstood the UI and was using it incorrectly. I think I have it figured out now.

In case anybody is wondering, the panel was undocked and after I enabled 'Use These Colors Only', the palette docked itself in the left Drawer and it seems to stay 'attached' to the selected CTG layer for re-use. (Which is exactly what we wanted. I'll share this info with my daughter this evening.) :D

Additional info for other new users: After doing the above, If you wish to edit the palette for the CTG layer, it will appear 'locked'. To 'unlock' it, uncheck 'Use These Colors Only' option and the panel will become editable again. After editing, re-check the button to 'lock' the panel to the layer. This option effectively pins the color panel to stay open for the CTG layer.

If 'Use These Colors Only' is not enabled, the panel will disappear when you select another layer and it seems you must use the CTG layer's Edit Colors command to recall it.
D.R. Greenlaw
Artist/Partner, Little Green Dog
Lead Digital Animator, DreamWorks Animation Television