Please help! TVPaint won't recognize file.

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
JJWatts

Please help! TVPaint won't recognize file.

Post by JJWatts »

I was working on a project when my computer started to act slow. I made sure the project had finished saving before closing it and restarted my computer, but when I got back TVPaint wouldn't open it. It doesn't cause the program to crash, it just won't open it. The file size is still the same.

I'm using TVPaint 10.0.16
D.T. Nethery

Re: Please help! TVPaint won't recognize file.

Post by D.T. Nethery »

JJWatts wrote: 18 Apr 2019, 16:17 I'm using TVPaint 10.0.16
Hi, JJWatts -

I'm going to be straight up with you, so the over-worked TVPaint staff don't have to come in here and "politely" try to answer your question, not making any accusations or anything :
JJ, are you aware that the last update (4 years ago) of TVPaint 10 was version 10.5.7 ? If you own a legitimate license of TVPaint 10 you could have easily updated to 10.5.7
for free years ago. Everyone here knows that there is a notorious cracked (pirated/stolen) version of TVPaint 10 , version 10.0.16 . If that is the version you have , then , please, just go away. Don't come here asking for help with your stolen/pirated version of TVPaint. If you steal software , have the decency to not come around to the rightful owners of the software and ask for help when your pirated version gives you trouble. Why should they help you if you take their software without paying for it ?
And all the rest of us here purchased our own TVPaint software fair and square , so why should anyone care about your pirated version not working for you ?

On the other hand, if you actually own a legit license of TVPaint 10 and somehow you just never got around to updating your software through the many iterations to the last version (10.5.7) then I apologize for my harsh tone , and I'd urge you to register your free account on TVPaint.com and update your software (for FREE) today to 10.5.7 , then post back here if you're still having problems and all of us will be glad to try to help you solve your problem. Otherwise , go ask the owners of the pirate site you downloaded the cracked version from to help you. (good luck with that.)

-DN

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
JJWatts

Post by JJWatts »

Okay, wow... I'm going to ignore the fact that I was just accused of stealing based soley on the fact that I'm using an outdated version of the software. I already tried updating it but the file would still not open. I've continued to use 10.0.16 because I'm comfortable with it and its layout, and because I believe the issue is with my computer/harddrive, not the program.
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Well, then if you own a legit license of TVPaint 10.0.16 you can simply email TVPaint Support with your dongle number and invoice number and I'm sure they will assist you in recovering your corrupted file if it is possible to recover it. I already acknowledged that you may in fact have a legitimate license of 10.0.16 , when I wrote:
"On the other hand, if you actually own a legit license of TVPaint 10 and somehow you just never got around to updating your software through the many iterations to the last version (10.5.7) then I apologize for my harsh tone" . But please understand that many people post here about their corrupted files that won't open and then with a little investigation it turns out they are using the pirated version 10.0.16 , so it's a bit of a sore point.
"I've continued to use 10.0.16 because I'm comfortable with it and its layout,"
The layout of 10.0.16 is exactly the same as the layout of the updated version 10.5.7 , nothing has changed about the interface ,but many improvements were made to the stability of the program and many useful new functions introduced during the time that passed from version 10.0.16 to version 10.5.7 . There is no reason not to update it.

"and because I believe the issue is with my computer/harddrive, not the program."
So, if you believe the issue is with your computer/hard drive not the program , then what do you expect anyone here can do to assist you ? If the issue really is your computer then you would have to fix your computer or buy a new one.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

Locking this topic, for obvious reasons.

If you really have a legit 10.0.16, then send me your dongle number via private message and we'll work this out.
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.