Synched Reference Video Player

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
blastframe

Synched Reference Video Player

Post by blastframe »

Hello,
There is a video player called Keyframe MP that syncs with the Maya animation timeline.
http://zurbrigg.com/keyframe-mp-documen ... eyframe-mp

This is EXTREMELY useful for animation reference. It would be incredible for TVPaint to create a feature like this: a video player window that can load external video & sync with the timeline.

Thank you!
cgmodeler

Re: Synched Reference Video Player

Post by cgmodeler »

I've talked to Chris (The developer of KF) about the API, but it seems that is python only. It listens to a specific port for instructions so perhaps something on george could be written to communicate with the Keyframe MP API?
www.cocoalopez.com
vimeo / 156794487
Desktop: TVP Pro 11.0.8 - 64bit Win 7 x64 48GB RAM - GTX1070 - Cintiq 27QHD Driver 6.3.29
blastframe

Re: Synched Reference Video Player

Post by blastframe »

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried posting in the George forum about running scripts, but I can't find anything.
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=12992

The hope was that the tv_plugin command might work, but I think that's for .dll files written in C.

If anyone knows how to run a batch or Python script from TVPaint, please let me know.

Otherwise, I think this would be a great feature for TVPaint animators that I hope the developers would consider.