About Annecy

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Paul Fierlinger

About Annecy

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

What was Annecy like for Sandra and me? We didn't see a single film in competition except for our own, which we visited every day, we had a great time with the entire TVPaint crew present at MIFA; Herve, Fabrice and Patrick with whom we spent long, wonderful hours and a more generous and friendly bunch of guys cannot be imagined. We even met Sebastien and hope he is secretly following this forum.

We went on a unforgettable boat ride of the lake, walked and walked for miles every day, ate great food (and not so great too) visited many toilettes most of which were as bad as usual and watched CNN Europe every day without ever hearing a single news item of what's happening in the U.S.

This was the first vacation Sandra and I took in the twenty years we have been together and we are very, very happy to be back in the arms of our happy dogs and back behind our computers again!

One more time and over and over again: merci, merci beaucoup Herve, Fabrice and Patrick!!!
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
ZigOtto

Re: About Annecy

Post by ZigOtto »

Paul Fierlinger wrote:... This was the first vacation Sandra and I took in the twenty years we have been together ...
so Sandra finally came with you ! that's great ! :D
have you brought back from your savoyard stay some pictures (drawings, photos, celebrity's autographs, ...)
you can share here ?
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Some Photos =D
IMG_0698.JPG
Fabrice Paul Sandra and Patrick
IMG_0701.JPG
Hervé with Nicolas Brault and Helene Ducroq
IMG_0722.JPG
Fabrice, Mads Juul and Hervé

=D
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Yes, we managed to make arrangements so that Sandra could come after all. We brought no cameras or drawing pads because I don't know how to use a pencil or a camera anymore ( :) ). Our film was received very well with plenty of applause and good cheers from the very young audiences (big surprise to us) and even some requests for autographs. My lecture was well received and went overtime but with small attendance (I don't think too many people knew about it and it was held early in the week) but Madsjul was there and we got to talk a lot. Our press conference was later better attended and also went overtime with interesting questions from those inquiring about TVPaint.

The TVPaint and ToonBoom booths seemed to be the busiest software booths in the vast amounts of booths at MIFA and I think that Wacom was the most other-than-software visited booth. I got to try Intuos IV with TVP and really see a great improvement in line quality so we both MUST have it now :D . I also tried out the latest Cintique and found it excellent, although still with some lag in the line, but nothing I wouldn't be able to adapt to because it is very negligible. Yet I don't think I would ever want to get one because I still prefer the tablet since I so much like to draw now without having my hand in view.

I was pleasantly surprised to see much more interest among the so predominantly young attendees of the festival in 2D animation than I had expected and I believe Herve was very pleased with that too. I was constantly approached by lurkers of these forums who had the same story; that they have been following our threads for a long time, have tried out TVPaint and found it daunting so they went to other applications but never stopped lurking on our forums and have decided that due to the quick responses all questions asked here receive they will now get TVP for themselves and give it another try.

So I urge all active members to keep up the spirit of quickly answering all and any questions with rapid speed and good will and also that the future development of TVPaint leads to a more simplified GUI.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

thanks Paul for your feedback, it's cool to see you got many good cheers,
I've read some pretty good crits too overthere on a french forum ,
(... praiseworthy, "My Dog Tulip" in third position just behind the big horses "Mary & Max" and "Coraline").

thanks Elodie for the pictures,
the Ferlinger couple looks so gorgeous, and younger than expected ! :wink:
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

ZigOtto wrote:thanks Elodie for the pictures,
the Ferlinger couple looks so gorgeous, and younger than expected ! :wink:
I also find them very cute ^^ A real and a good team ! =D
dogsma

Post by dogsma »

We had a jolly good time because we did not see any films , only viewed some that were retrospectives and free with our pass. Otherwise we spent a wonderful time with Fabrice, Patrick, and of course Herve, who walks at a speed of light. They were so wonderful to us and a pleasure to finally meet in person after all these years.
There were grievances, but in all I am really glad we went to support TVP and to be on the lake and be away from USA for a week.
Thanks Raymond and Elodie for saying how "cute" and "young" we look. Your comments baffle me. But then again my sister saw the pix and said we looked "cute". I hope when you actually meet us you may find better adjectives to portray us!!!! Like "short and grizzly" ?
I will try to extend more on the forum in the future. I miss talking with you Raymond. ( How about an up lifting avatar?)
Sorry we don't have pictures of Annecy, but looks like we both may be in Holland later this year........
Take care you all.
Fab, Pat and Herv.... I miss you :shock: :roll:
Attachments
Picture1.jpg
Sandra S. Fierlinger
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

a second Dogma post for a year or so ...!!!
that's enormous from the most talented and quiet painter I ever met on this forum! :D
dogsma wrote:... Thanks Raymond and Elodie for saying how "cute" and "young" we look. Your comments baffle me.
actually, on this photo, you really look like a couple of students freshly graduated !
dogsma wrote:... I hope when you actually meet us you may find better adjectives to portray us!!!! Like "short and grizzly" ?
not until you 'll disguise yourself as one the these oldest bonsaï !
dogsma wrote:... I will try to extend more on the forum in the future ...
that's a good inclination, indeed,
what I would like from you, is a demo-record of one of your (free) work,
haven't you ever tried the tvpa Recorder tool ?
I'm sure we are many here to be interested in a video capture showing one of your painting in progress.

Cheers :)
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Hi all,

Thanks to all those who came in Annecy to meet us !

Those were very pleasant days ! We even had an autograph from Paul and Sandra !! :wink:
Fabrice Debarge
dogsma

Post by dogsma »

Raymond or should I call you Zig on the forum?
That Bonsai looks dead to me.
I have no idea what to do on this forum so how should I know how to record my painting?
I will give it a try some time soon ..Where shall I go to learn to do this :?:
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

Hello Paul and Sandra nice to meet your in Annecy. Your Lecture Paul was VERY inspiring, I missed the end because I wanted to see a program. But i really enjoyed it.
I learned a lot about how to approach making animation. Be original.. have to remember that :-)
I saw Dog Tulip and liked it alot. It Evoked a lot of different feeling. fun and sad but also the strange love relationship between a man and a dog. also the disgust over the Feces :-)
I like that! that its hard to put in a box.
:-) Mads
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist
blog: http://mjstoryboard.blogspot.dk/
Mail: mjstoryboard@gmail .com

Windows 10, 64 bit i7-4790 CPU 4.00 Hz,32 GB RAM, With TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.2-64bits)
2 Monitors 1920X1080 pixels + 1 Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

dogsma wrote:Raymond or should I call you Zig on the forum?
it's up to you,
or Ray, Ziggy, Fanany, ... any one will be OK.
dogsma wrote:That Bonsai looks dead to me.
not dead, just sleeping, in his (naked) winter dress :wink:
dogsma wrote:I have no idea what to do on this forum so how should I know how to record my painting ?
I will give it a try some time soon ..Where shall I go to learn to do this :?:
1) open the panel from the main menu : windows/Drawing Recorder Panel
2) the manual 7-28 (see pict.)
3) your old partner should be aware of that tool, ask him about how to use it.
4) Elodie will be glad to help if needed, ... I think so. :)
(I don't remember since which tvpa version the recorder panel have been improved.)
Attachments
drawing_recorder.png
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

(I don't remember since which tvpa version the recorder panel have been improved.)
TVP 9.0 :)
Fabrice Debarge