XCF Import

This topic is dedicated to Open Beta versions. Post here your comment, bugs notifications and ideas about the Android version !
idragosani

XCF Import

Post by idragosani »

I am really enjoying TVPaint on Linux... the platform has needed a good high-end animation & compositing application like this! I am using it on 64-bit Ubuntu Jaunty laptop, with Bamboo Pen tablet. It runs very smoothly and hasn't given me any troubles yet (except the cursor offset thing that others have also identified).

I am thinking, since The Gimp is as ubiquitous on Linux as PhotoShop is on Windows & Mac, if TVPaint on Linux will support importing of Gimp XCF files. These are native project files for Gimp, that saves layers and so on.

Also, once TVPaint for Linux gets officially released, if I already own TVPaint for Windows (with dongle), will I have to purchase Linux version separately? Will it also require dongle?

-- Brett
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
Elodie

Re: XCF Import

Post by Elodie »

idragosani wrote:Also, once TVPaint for Linux gets officially released, if I already own TVPaint for Windows (with dongle), will I have to purchase Linux version separately? Will it also require dongle?
Commercially, I would say no, you won't have to pay your license again (except if you are using a 8 version : you will have to pay the upgrade :D ), because we always authorized the install on Mac and PC without limit.

Technically, I don't know how Linux will manage the dongle...
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

I think Sentinel supports Linux... at least they list drivers on the site!
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
Satrip

Post by Satrip »

I agree XCF import (and why not export) would be a nice feature.
Satrip

Post by Satrip »

Also Open Raster support could be great!
Open raster description
mylo grenalyn mayel

Post by mylo grenalyn mayel »

Also Open Raster support could be great!
+1

(cela me plairait beaucoup aussi, étant donné par exemple, que j'ai pris l'habitude d'utiliser 'MyPaint')
gbball

Post by gbball »

I would also like to open raster and support for xcf's and even inkscapes .svg format support would be nice as well.

Btw, I'm new here and I'm also new to TVP, I'm trying out the Linux version. So far it's great and I feel as though I am only scratching the surface.

-G
Satrip

Post by Satrip »

gbball wrote:.svg format support would be nice as well
Don't expect to import vector image like .svg in TVPaint since it's only a raster based software,
there is no vector layers (yet?), so if needed you'd better render your inkscape work to raster files with alpha (like png) which TVPaint can import then.
(Of course if some day some vector layers are included in tvp it would be great then to can import svg.)