Re: Tutorials please?

Post by Fabrice »

This is why I prefer the tutorials done on video
work in progress :)
Fabrice Debarge
artfx

Post by artfx »

I am launching my first in a series of new TVP Animation 10 tutorials! You can see the thread I created for it HERE!
Terrence Walker
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
MacOS Monterey Version 12.6.2
2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Intel Iris Graphics 6100
ingie01

Post by ingie01 »

I am still waiting for the "in house" tutorials for tvPaint 10. This is referring to my original posts here. The independents are making very good training videos for pay, Terrance Walker(artfx) for one. I do not want to pay,pay,pay.
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

You get what you pay for. That goes for the supermarket as well as the tutorial market. If you want to eat, you either grow your own food or pay someone to grow it for you.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

ingie01 wrote:I am still waiting for the "in house" tutorials for tvPaint 10. This is referring to my original posts here. The independents are making very good training videos for pay, Terrance Walker(artfx) for one. I do not want to pay,pay,pay.
still work in progress.
Sorry we are late. But I confirm it's not cancelled.
Fabrice Debarge
ingie01

Post by ingie01 »

I was glad to see on youtube the beginner tutorials for tvPaint 10.xx. The vids/tuts are not listed in the tutorial section of the tvPaint website. Why the choice of no monologue with these tutorials? Expediency perhaps?
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Because I exported, converted and uploaded those tutorials yesterday and I'm also currently writting a newsletter about them, Android and other stuff and I am alone to manage all those things, while, at the same time, I prepare quotations and answer emails I receive and so, it is normal if the tutorials are not already uploaded on the website, because I only have 2 hands ;)
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Hm, would it help to turn your avatar image into an octopus? *g*

Mind that german saying: "Ich bin hier auf der Arbeit und nicht auf der Flucht!" ("I'm here just at work and not on the run!") And just take your time. Nobody will complain!
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Thanks Slowtiger =)

Oh and yes, we decided to do something soundless, because our English accents are not pretty good and it is too complicated. Btw, we also thought that it would be easier to read text for people who are not really used to English speaking =)
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

I actually prefer not having voice over just so I can watch the video and listen to music. David Revoy's wonderful videos are done this same way!
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

Elodie wrote:Because I exported, converted and uploaded those tutorials yesterday and I'm also currently writting a newsletter about them, Android and other stuff and I am alone to manage all those things, while, at the same time, I prepare quotations and answer emails I receive and so, it is normal if the tutorials are not already uploaded on the website, because I only have 2 hands ;)
And you always take the time to answer questions here on the forum. You are awesome and let no one underappreciate the work you do to help make TVPaint what it is!
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Thank you for all your kind words :oops: :D
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

idragosani wrote:
Elodie wrote:Because I exported, converted and uploaded those tutorials yesterday and I'm also currently writting a newsletter about them, Android and other stuff and I am alone to manage all those things, while, at the same time, I prepare quotations and answer emails I receive and so, it is normal if the tutorials are not already uploaded on the website, because I only have 2 hands ;)
And you always take the time to answer questions here on the forum. You are awesome and let no one underappreciate the work you do to help make TVPaint what it is!

I agree !
artfx

Post by artfx »

Are more people in favor of voiceless tutorials? I have a couple of short ones I will likely release free, and I just finished a new drawing video (with voice), but finding a time and a place to record here has been the bane of my existence. Shanghai can be a very noisy place most of the time. I could do so many quick little things I have ideas for if voiceover was not an issue.

I wanted to check out David Revoy, but as always there are many sites I can't get to. I found one, where he painted in MyPaint, and it seemed like a sped up capture of his workflow with comic book style text bubbles for explanation. A very cool idea. I wonder, though, how well it would go over with viewers?
Terrence Walker
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
MacOS Monterey Version 12.6.2
2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Intel Iris Graphics 6100
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

Speaking for myself, I like silent tutorials so I can watch without sound or having to put headphones on. Another issue with some tutorials I've seen (not yours, BTW) is that some people don't plan out very well what they are going to say, so there are a lot if "uh" and "um" and false starts, or the speaker starts rambling about something not directly related to what he or she is drawing. A silent tutorial with labels can better draw your attention to things and stay focused. Maybe the voice over would work better if the author would record the painting first and then do the narration afterwards, so there is less rambling and a more planned out voice session.