Mirage Software

You got a problem with Mirage or Aura ? Tell us here.
videooman

Mirage Software

Post by videooman »

I am new to this forum. I edited with Bauhaus Mirage for many years starting in 2005. I have now moved up to a 64 bit computer with Windows 7. I tried to download my old Mirage software. It will download but is telling me it is a trial version, even though I have been editing with it for many years. I do have the dongle and registration number for the old computer.

I would very much like to continue with Mirage but it would appear this is impossible with my new computer. I am now editing in all HD 16:9 format. With my old Mirage software it was all strictly SD 4:3 720x480 format.

I would appreciate any information any of you could give me on the subject. How can I continue to edit with something at least very similar to my old Mirage 1.5? I loved that software and was actually getting fairly good at it. Most of my editing was building and placing graphics and text and being able to animate them. I loved it !!

Thanks Much !!

Danny
Léo
Site Admin

Re: Mirage Software

Post by Léo »

Hello Danny,
Welcome on our community :D .

Mirage (aka TVPaint 7) is a old version of our current software, it was born in 2003 and it is now almost 10 years old, so I guess it doesn't work on 64-bit OS.

I mean TVPaint Animation 10 has about 10 more years of inovations and implementations which allows a full compatibility with the lastest OS.
There is also a better comfort for the user, that Mirage doesn't have.
Mirage is a 32bit software and I'm not sure if it still work on the new versions of the OS.

The better solution for you would be to upgrade your Mirage to our new version of TVPaint Animation 10.
With this version, you could edit in any kind of format you need.

Feel free to contact me in PM, if you need an explanation about the upgrade.
Léo Fernandez
TVPaint Q&A and Lead Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester
Windows 11 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10870H CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21 GHz,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 24 Pro.
Wacom driver version 6.4.2-3
videooman

Post by videooman »

Hello Leo,

And thanks so much for your rapid response. Yes, I need to move on and keep up. Is the new TVPaint software quite similar to what I have learned with the Mirage? I really don't want to have a whole new learning curve to go through. I was actually becoming quite proficient at Mirage and really enjoyed it. It fits my needs just right.

Can I somehow take a look at a trial version and work with it before I decide? And where do I purchase this new software?

Thanks,

Danny
ematecki
Site Admin

Post by ematecki »

Yes, anybody can download the trial version, it's here : http://www.tvpaint.com/v2/content/artic ... /trial.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

While quite a few buttons have changed place since Mirage, and some HUGE improvements like exposure cels and clips/scene management have been added, you will still immediately feel at home.
Quicktime is DEAD. Get over it and move on !
videooman

Post by videooman »

I will take a look. Thanks much !!
videooman

Post by videooman »

Before I go much further.... how much is this and can I upgrade since I have a registration number and dongle for the Mirage software?

Thanks,

Danny
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Leo will contact you by PM :)
jameselston

Post by jameselston »

I have a similar story. I just reinstalled Mirage on my computer after years of incompatibility issues with my Mac. Now I have it up and running again, with the USB dongle and registration, and I was also wondering about the price of upgrading to TVPaint from Mirage.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Hello James,

Sorry for being so long to answer you, but these weeks are so busy on our side...

You'll have a complete answer by email soon.

Have a nice day,
Elodie
videooman

Post by videooman »

Fortunately, I was able to get my Mirage software up and running on my new 64-bit computer with the dongle and registration. So all is well again here in SoCal. Works like a charm.

Thanks everyone for your efforts.

Danny
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

I'm glad to know that everything works fine now :)

And if you change your mind and decide to upgrade, please let us know ;)
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

videooman wrote:Fortunately, I was able to get my Mirage software up and running on my new 64-bit computer with the dongle and registration. So all is well again here in SoCal. Works like a charm.

Thanks everyone for your efforts.

Danny
Danny, I wonder if you would share what you did to get your Mirage software up and running? What platform? Other, former Mirage users have asked the same question on this forum... (I'm curious because I might try to reinstall my old Mirage software on my next desktop system upgrade.)

Why? Because when Mirage/Bauhaus closed their doors, Steve Bowie, the resident Element/George scripting guru at Bauhaus, left behind several toolboxes containing a treasure trove of scripts and .dlls worth studying for technique and innovation. :D

Sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
videooman

Post by videooman »

I actually purchased Mirage directly from Steve Bowie in 2004. Mirage worked fine on my old comp for all these years. And exactly how it was finally enabled on my new comp
I wish I could answer. A friend did it for me. I still have the original disc, dongle and registration. No reason why it shouldn't work. It is something I paid a lot of $$ for.

I just know it is working and am grateful for that.

Thanks!

Danny