4 Mainly Questions

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
ebphoto

4 Mainly Questions

Post by ebphoto »

1) When i use the Transform Tool for resizing or changing the Angle degree of what i draw (a ball for example), the result i obtain is also a blurred (or defocused if u prefer)ball. Why it happen? How can i obtain a good result?
2) A project made with 1280 x 720 size is it to small for a drawing without problems? I mean that it's easy that i'm using a black sketch pencil 0.50 to 1.00 for characters when they r showed for a full figure (from head to foot) 'n the pencil shows all her difficult to draw.
3) The Work-Flow for a scene.
how to use in correct way the Sketch Pencils? This is a way that i use 'n bring me difficults: Usually i start using the Black Sketch Pencil for the character 'n his action (to moving head for example) so i do repeat non perfect draws of a same puppet (or character if u prefer) and each one draw has puppet head in different position. Ok, when i have all draws of the puppet that moves the head i must re-start drawing all instances one more time for to obtain perfect draws. It's a very stressing work, some suggestion please??
4) How to select instances: how i can select instances that i prefer? Example: i've a Layer with 100 instances, ok. If i need to select the instances from number 70 to number 80 how can i do it? Keep in mind that i use an iMac all in one with Lion.

I hope someone can help me, thank you! :D
ZigOtto

Re: 4 Mainly Questions

Post by ZigOtto »

ebphoto wrote:1) When i use the Transform Tool for resizing or changing the Angle degree of what i draw (a ball for example), the result i obtain is also a blurred (or defocused if u prefer)ball. Why it happen? How can i obtain a good result?
set the AA option to "Best"
ebphoto wrote: 2) A project made with 1280 x 720 size is it to small for a drawing without problems? I mean that it's easy that i'm using a black sketch pencil 0.50 to 1.00 for characters when they r showed for a full figure (from head to foot) 'n the pencil shows all her difficult to draw.
maybe can you try a bigger res (1920 x 1080) and a thicker pencil (1.00 to 1.50) ?
ebphoto wrote: 3) The Work-Flow for a scene.
how to use in correct way the Sketch Pencils? This is a way that i use 'n bring me difficults: Usually i start using the Black Sketch Pencil for the character 'n his action (to moving head for example) so i do repeat non perfect draws of a same puppet (or character if u prefer) and each one draw has puppet head in different position. Ok, when i have all draws of the puppet that moves the head i must re-start drawing all instances one more time for to obtain perfect draws. It's a very stressing work, some suggestion please??
sketch with blue (or orange/red) pencil, one drawing per instance, then clean-up in black, last, clear Blue (and/or) Orange/Red by clicking the right color-cross button.
ebphoto wrote: 4) How to select instances: how i can select instances that i prefer? Example: i've a Layer with 100 instances, ok. If i need to select the instances from number 70 to number 80 how can i do it? Keep in mind that i use an iMac all in one with Lion.
in the timeline, under the film-strip, LMB-clic (hold) & drag along the timeline to make your selection, from A to B or from B to A, as simple as that,
framesSelect.png
framesSelect.png (6.06 KiB) Viewed 30537 times
or alternatively, in 2 clics : clic 1 on the first frame of your selection, press Shift key and clic 2 on the last frame of your selection :
frames-selection.gif
frames-selection.gif (12.52 KiB) Viewed 30537 times
btw, what's your tvpa version ?
ebphoto

Post by ebphoto »

Hi ZigOtto,
thanx for your suggestions about the 4 questions, i'll try soon what u say to me!!
TVPaint is a great software 'n it's ridicolous to see mistakes created by me on easy steps.
I've the TVPaint V10 Standard ediction.
Most of times when i write posts i need to be quick so it's easy that my explanations r wrong. I mean about my workflow this time.
I use blue or red pencils sometime but it seems to me to waste my time. The reason is why i think that draw by draw (with blue or red pencil) i must do a perfect character also in his details, is right?
Sometime my workflow is the sequent: blue pencil draw by draw (instance by instance) i mean doing the sketchs (i mean that sketchs are not full of details but only main lines, ok?) so after i must repeat the drawing on every instance... this is my real workflow but i think it's wrong, it's a pain in ass. I dunno why the video tutorial don't helps me :/ however i'll try as u suggest ZigOtto!!

Here in da forum is available a section that allows me to share my 1° Pre-Trailer?
It's a good thing to receive words from People that says what's wrong 'n what's is right!
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

sure, you can share any of your WIP in the Made with TVPaint < Animations section.
ebphoto

Post by ebphoto »

Thank u ZigOtto, u can find link to animation in forum section that u suggested me :)
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Plea Ebphoto, don't use abbreviations like "u" instead of "you". Most peaople here are not English native and it's not easy to understand you.
ebphoto

Post by ebphoto »

Hello Elodie, i'm not English Native too, however you are right, i'm sorry, i'll found ur way!
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

ebphoto wrote:i'll found ur way!
:roll: Not the best way to make friends.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
ebphoto

Post by ebphoto »

You are Right Paul!
I will find your way Elodie!
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

ebphoto wrote:Hello Elodie, i'm not English Native too
I know, but that's not an excuse :mrgreen:
ingie01

Post by ingie01 »

I am a English speaker. I am too old to know web talk! :shock:
ebphoto

Post by ebphoto »

Ok folks i'm a Ass (laughting out loud) :)
kaiko

Post by kaiko »

Hi ebphoto !

How are you doing?

Tell me, how are you doing with TVPaint? Did you manage to change your work flow, or improve it?

(from Pencil forum :D )
Sometimes I can see better with my eyes closed

[Using Win 7, 64bits, TVPaint Pro 10 DEMO 64bits, Pentium Core 2Duo 3.0ghz, 8GB memory]
ebphoto

Post by ebphoto »

I'm using TVPaint not so much, i don't know what you mean about the workflow..., however this is a good software in my opinion and it's nice to see you here in this forum! :)
kaiko

Post by kaiko »

ebphoto wrote:I'm using TVPaint not so much, i don't know what you mean about the workflow..., however this is a good software in my opinion and it's nice to see you here in this forum! :)
Hi @Ebphoto,

Glad to hear from you!
What I meant by workflow is that if you have figured it out how to work faster and more efficiently during the scenes you were working with using TVPaint....
I remember once you agreed with me saying that TVPaint was not an easy software with so many buttons, but you loved it anyway..... Now I am also using it, the demo so I understand a little bit more and I think it is quite powerful and nicely done... everything is inside of TVP, everything indeed.
:)

See you
Sometimes I can see better with my eyes closed

[Using Win 7, 64bits, TVPaint Pro 10 DEMO 64bits, Pentium Core 2Duo 3.0ghz, 8GB memory]