Revolution in coloring lineart: LazyBrush plugin V1.1 !

idragosani

Re: Revolution in coloring lineart: LazyBrush plugin release

Post by idragosani »

lazybrush wrote:
idragosani wrote:I assume this is only available on Windows?
At the moment, LazyBrush is available for both Windows and Mac OS X, but we are ready to port it on Android or Linux when there is sufficient demand from the TVPaint community.
Still interested in a Linux version! Don't know how many other Linux users there are, though, besides me.
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
oferk

Post by oferk »

Sierra Rose wrote:I'm finally getting the chance to learn LazyBrush, which I bought awhile ago. I am having trouble with Tutorial #3 called Revealing Background. When I get to the step to click PAINT, I get the following message:

Too complex scribble layer. Please use 'SetFG/BG Scribble' to avoid smooth pen strokes." I actually had just clicked Set FG scribble each time I tried this and each time I got this same message.
Hi,
I believe this is caused by a bug in the plugin. We are aware if this bug and will fix it soon. The problem is that sometimes, when you click the "set BG scribble" button, it will not properly set the brush and color to the
correct settings. For example, if you are working with a custom brush, and then try to switch to the BG scribble, sometimes it will not work. For the meantime you can simply choose the pen tool manually and make sure the
color is exactly 255 0 255 with 100% opacity, this is the color for BG scribbles.

Tell me if this works for you, and Im sorry for the inconvenience.
Thanks.
Sierra Rose

Post by Sierra Rose »

I believe this is caused by a bug in the plugin. We are aware if this bug and will fix it soon. The problem is that sometimes, when you click the "set BG scribble" button, it will not properly set the brush and color to the
correct settings. For example, if you are working with a custom brush, and then try to switch to the BG scribble, sometimes it will not work. For the meantime you can simply choose the pen tool manually and make sure the
color is exactly 255 0 255 with 100% opacity, this is the color for BG scribbles.

Tell me if this works for you, and Im sorry for the inconvenience.
Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply. I will add a pen with that setting to my custom panel.
WinXP 32bit 10.0.17Pro
ingie01

Post by ingie01 »

I am curious about any updates for LazyBrush, as it has been a while since announced............
lazybrush

Post by lazybrush »

ingie01 wrote:I am curious about any updates for LazyBrush, as it has been a while since announced............
Dear ingie01, we are working on them. We already have some updates in beta-testing phase. We'll inform you once the new version will be released.
lazybrush

Post by lazybrush »

Dear all,

we would like to thank you for many valuable suggestions and comments you posted on this forum. We tried to incorporate some of them into a new version of LazyBrush plug-in which we plan to release soon. We decided to create this post and get some initial feedback from you before we do the actual release. Feel free to download and install the new version and let us know what do you think:

Mac: http://lazy-brush.com/dl/LazyBrush-1.1.dmg
Win: http://lazy-brush.com/dl/LazyBrush-1.1.zip

Here is a list of main improvements:

[1] Trial version now works also in full version of TVPaint ("Paint" button can be pressed 100 times for evaluation).

[2] A new TVPaint toolbar has been added with icons which allows hotkey assignment.

[3] MacOS code is approximately 2x faster as compared to the previous version.

[4] Multiple frames can be painted at once using simple timeline selection.

[5] A new button "Distribute Colors To Layers" has been added which allows you to extract colors from *_color layer into individual layers and we also added a button "Separate One Color" to extract a selected color from *_color layer into an individual layer.

[6] When pressing "Set FG Scribble" or "Set BG Scribble" *_scribble layer is activated automatically. The same holds for new buttons "Distribute Colors To Layers" and "Separate One Color" where *_color layer is activated.

[7] Only opaque scribbles are supported to avoid "too complex scribble layer" error, color opacity can be tuned individually in separate color layers.

[8] "Set FG Scribble" or "Set BG Scribble" buttons switch off paper effects to avoid weird rendering of scribbles.

[9] Color code of *_scribbles and *_color layers is the same as the color of base layer.

[10] Default composition mode for the base layer is set to COLOR (we assume outlines are typically stored in alpha channel).

[11] A problem with color picker which modified color of the BG scribble was fixed.
masterchief

Re: Revolution in coloring lineart: LazyBrush plugin V1.1 !

Post by masterchief »

Purchased LazyBrush plugin
TVPaint Animation Pro v11
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Same here. Sandra and I already installed this 2nd trial version thinking that it must be setup not to destroy the one we paid for -- but it did, and will Sandra now be relegated to 100 clicks for our money?

While you think that one over, I should mention that this version is a true improvement in performance and Sandra can now use it every day (in keeping with what I had once erroneously claimed on these pages :oops: ) It's good, it's fast and amazingly true to its claim of being a revolutionary colorist's tool. What still is lacking are clear instructions and a slow speed tutorial. For instance neither of us can decipher the descriptions of changes listed in your post below (above?). On the other hand, Sandra just went ahead and tried it anyway and made good use of it way before the 100th click turns up... but then what?
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
lazybrush

Post by lazybrush »

Paul,

many thanks for your feedbeck!

This new version should not destroy the old one. You can use the same serial number as for the version 1.0. Just try to press Unlock button and enter your LazyBrush serial to remove the click counter.

We tried to make this new version as compatible as possible with the previous one, however, there can be small differences (e.g. transparent scribbles) so that we recommend to first backup projects you made with 1.0 and then try 1.1 to avoid possible erroneous behaviour. The new version is made to coexist with the 1.0 so that you can use both and possibly switch to the old one when something wrong happens with.

Our current aim is to improve the video tutorials so that they will reflect all mentioned changes made in this new version. We will also try to make them more clear and little bit slower so that novice users will be able to understand the workflow.

Best,
Daniel
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

The Unlock button is a mystery to us. Where should we be looking for it. Another thing: when we install LazyBrush it opens TVP before we have a chance to click on "Finish" and this took us awhile to figure out because the Finish Panel remains hidden underneath TVPaint.
One more thing: My LazyBrush enters key commands as expected in the Key Command Panel. Sandra's does not and she's the one who needs it more than I do.
Lastly: What are we supposed to do to have LazyBrush paint the entire layer when finished with scribbling, instead of having to press "Paint" after making each scribble?
A note for your manual: Explain that the user should look for LB in the Plugins Window and not under Custom panels.
EDIT:"Distribute colors to layers" just makes a copy of the first color layer which is useless. What we were asking for was "Make a New scribble layer so we can add a new color." It is not always practical to paint all the color scribbles in the same scribble layer.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
artfx

Post by artfx »

Any chance we might see an android version in the near future?
Terrence Walker
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
MacOS Monterey Version 12.6.2
2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Intel Iris Graphics 6100
dogsma

Post by dogsma »

I am now totally dumbfounded with this program.
I filled one layer with one color and went back to the head of the layer to fill in another color (I don not fill all the character's color one frame at a time).
Decided to delete the scribble layer and make a new one. It made it but told me one already existed.
tried it anyway and so "scribbled" the new color areas > hit paint> it erased all the colors I had previously made in the first pass.
I am at a loss to understand what is going on when it comes to more than one color.
I do hope you can make clearer instructions, then I might be able to find the proper words to describe my workflow and the difficulties I am finding in your program.
I am amazed how it manages to fill an area that is not completely filled, without the entire project filling in.
Hope I can figure this out some day.
Sandra
PS I am going to try and renaming my color layer and see if I can restart a new Lazy Brush layer.
Sandra S. Fierlinger
dogsma

Post by dogsma »

Renamed previous color layer and was able to make new "scribble layer" .
I take that back about overflow between the lines closed lines are overlowing and covering previously colored areas.
do I have to set my TVP flood settings?
I don't remember this being a problem when the first version came out.
Sandra
Sandra S. Fierlinger
lazybrush

Post by lazybrush »

Dear Paul and Sandra,

thanks for your beta testing!

Regarding the unlock button mystery. I forgot to mention that the plug-in is made to recognize that v1.0 has been installed and is already registered. Which is exactly your case. It means you do not have to register v1.1 and so there is no Unlock button. Sorry for this misunderstanding.

You are right that the installer opens TVPaint before you manage to press Finish button. I agree this can be confusing. We need to run TVPaint since this is the way how to install TVPaint toolbar automatically. So there two options how to resolve this: let the user install the toolbar separately or run TVPaint after Finish button is pressed (we probably opt for the second variant).

The problem with Sandra's Key Command Panel seems strange, we should check this.

I'm not fully sure what you mean with: "to have LazyBrush paint the entire layer when finished with scribbling". Basically, you can draw as many scribbles as you want and then press Paint button. It's not necessary to press Paint button after each scribble.

RE: "Make a New scribble layer so we can add a new color". Now I understand where is to problem and this probably causes also the misunderstanding reported by Sandra. The fundamental difference as compared to other filling tools is that LazyBrush have to process _all_ scribbles together, i.e., if you create two separate layers with two different scribble sets, there is no guarantee that the final result will match, i.e., it can easily happen that colors from the new layer can cover previously colored areas. So the only solution is exactly what you are proposing, i.e., to let LazyBrush know there are several separate scribble layers which should be joined together before the actual Paint operation is executed. This function is definitely doable, however, breaks the simplicity of the current interface and will require some fundamental changes.
lazybrush

Post by lazybrush »

artfx wrote:Any chance we might see an android version in the near future?
Dear Artfx, sorry, we currently do not plan Android version, however, this might change in future.