WACOM Switcher 1.43 feb/03/2007

lemec

Post by lemec »

No, look serious guys... look at this thread... 5 years of angry people DEMANDING an easy way to switch monitors and wacom giving some really flimsy excuses...

http://www.wacom-europe.com/forum/topic ... PIC_ID=665
(Win7x64, TVP Pro 11 32-bit)
MrChoy

Post by MrChoy »

Yeah. I read it. Though to be honest until I got the TPC my various tablets worked fine with dual screens. I suppost they don't think its worth the development time for the minority of Cintiq and TPC users
lemec

Post by lemec »

Well, I've been poking around trying to get the tool to work for my tabletPC, and I've run into some heavy crud... It seems that the Pen Tablet driver that Wacom supplied is totally incapable of switching the stylus input. It's probably because Windows is handling the input while the WACOM driver only polls the pressure sensing.

ackkk... for now I have to use this super grody Extended Desktop for TabletPC powertoy... (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/down ... letpc.mspx) If I can somehow get that tool to expand to full screen, then I can write the wacom switcher to activate and deactivate that program during a switch.
MrChoy

Post by MrChoy »

Yeah. I tried that toy. It's awful :(
wei803

Post by wei803 »

lemec wrote:wei803 -- I don't have a mac to develop with, sorry... I'm just a scruffy guy who works as a freelancer at home...
thanks for replying. looks like i have to keep dreaming... :(
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

lemec wrote:... I don't have a mac to develop with, sorry...
isn't that toy what you need to support your plugin on mac ?

http://www.notebooks.com/?p=429
lemec

Post by lemec »

hahahaha ah if wishes were horses, beggars would ride...
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

whenever I create a wacom-switcher shortcut on my desktop, the switcher loads up, but without the sounds. Whenever I run the file directly from it's directory, it loads with sounds.
any idea how I can setup that the sounds will oad when I run it from a shortcut?
lemec

Post by lemec »

Select the desktop shortcut.
Right-click and select "properties" or hit Alt-Enter
Set the start in directory to be the same as the install directory of the tool.
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

thanks you. it did the job.

but actually I'm having bigger problems with it now. The switcher worked a few times since I installed it, but now it doesn't. Every time I run the switcher it doesn't jump the cursor to the nest monitor, but instead it is changing the set function of the pen's side switch. I use it in 'Fabrice mode', and every time I ram the cursor sideways it plays the sounds, but it changes the sideswitch from 'right click' to 'double click' or 'middle button'. I tried to delete the ini file and start from a fresh folder, but it helped non.
any idea?
lemec

Post by lemec »

Every time you start up the wacom tablet switcher you have to make sure that the calibrate or mapping tab is the active one.

Basically the tab similar to this one has to be in front or the tool can't access the proper combo-box.

You''ll also have to re-run the set combobox function because you deleted your .ini file

If your wacomtablet.cpl file doesnt exist in C:\windows\system32 you'll also have to rerun "find wacom control panel"

Leave Fabrice mode off. It only swaps the primary/secondary monitor mappings. Please read the release notes before trying random things...
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

erghhh... this tab looks surprisingly like my own one!...
may I take it back? :P
lemec

Post by lemec »

it IS yours... I just dynamically linked it to the one you posted earlier... I can't post my own because my tablet's a cintiq and the control panel version is newer and looks totally different... Image
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

Thanks,
I guess I didn't realize that I have to keep the mapping tab on all the time. I'm back on the horse now.

as for the ini file, I only renamed it to try different setups. I didn't get rid of it completely though (using computers for 20 years I should know at least that :)...)
lemec wrote:Leave Fabrice mode off. It only swaps the primary/secondary monitor mappings. Please read the release notes before trying random things...
not random at all, I have exactly this setup of monitors. My main monitor is on the right.

cheers!
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

Marc could you help me?
i have a problem with the Perceptual Palette

after closing the panel
TVpaint keeps autosampling my A-color.

if i select a color it changes as soon as i 'touch' the project edge

how can i switch it off?
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM