FigureFill - one-click to Fill Line Drawings

Share your custom panels, brushes, papers... (you need to be registered to read posts in this section)
D.T. Nethery

Re: FigureFill - one-click to Fill Line Drawings

Post by D.T. Nethery »

mwebster wrote:Or I didn't install it well.
I just dragged the .tvpx icon to TVPaint interface, then a window appeared, clicked "next" and then "OK". Is it the right way?
Yes.
toonsisters

Post by toonsisters »

ZigOtto wrote:hi Vera,

if it's an embedded script, you can edit it,
right-clic on the button, Edit ... Embedded George script ...
and change the Expand value to whatever value you want in this line :

Code: Select all

tv_AreaInit MODE 1 MAP_GRADIENT 0 OPACITY 100 GAP 0 EXPAND 2 RANGE 10 SRC 1 SMOOTH 1 AALIASING 0	// tweak Expand and Smooth to refine fill edge
8)
Dear Zig,

thank you very much for your explanation. It works.
For some reason I have to type a negative value to let it expand over the outline, but it works.
:D
andrewsharp

Post by andrewsharp »

Thankyou !!!! SIR!! for making this it is so fast compared to what I was doing before :)
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

This is great!!!

Would it be possible to have a version that would automatically click on the top-left pixel?

So instead of having to click and show where the 'outside' of a character is, it would assume top-left is not the character?
  • Club Baboo
  • TVPaint Pro 11.7.2
  • macOS Ventura 13.4.1 & Windows 10
  • Cintiq 27QHD
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

Lukas wrote: Would it be possible to have a version that would automatically click on the top-left pixel?
So instead of having to click and show where the 'outside' of a character is, it would assume top-left is not the character?
Of course!

First, it might be prudent to make a copy of the original FigFill button, and edit that...

Edit the FigFill button and its embedded script as follows:
(note 1: once open, the edit window for the embedded script can be scaled larger to make editing easier...)
(note 2: sometimes the edit window doesn't update after deleting until after you move your cursor to a different line :( )

You need to remove several lines from the embedded script (in red).

Then you need to add several lines (in blue).

(NEAR THE TOP, ADD THE FOLLOWING COMMENT LINE JUST TO DOCUMENT REVISION UPDATE)
// REVISION update - April 24 2013 make upper left pixel X1=0 Y1=0 as seed location for shape fills

(DELETE THE FOLLOWING LINES)
Param Line // Line forces script to WAIT for user to draw a FILL point or FILL line with start/end areas which will remain unfilled
parse result Mode X1 Y1 X2 Y2 Button // waits for user to draw dot or line (click-release to draw dot or click-drag-release to draw line)
LineParameters = result // store results of user crosshair click for later use in seeding the fill
// for Standard Fill with clear background simply click background, outside figure(s)
// for Standard Fill with on INTERIOR NEGATIVE SPACE click drag line from background to interior negative space

(AT THE SAME PLACE, ADD THE FOLLOWING LINES)
Param None
// Designate pixel in upper left corner
X1 = 0
Y1 = 0
X2 = 0
Y2 = 0

(ALSO DELETE THE FOLLOWING LINE FOUND FURTHER DOWN)
parse LineParameters d X1 Y1 X2 Y2 Button // read parameters = draw dot or line (click-and-release to draw dot or click-drag-release to draw line)

Problems? ask here...

Sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

Thanks Svengali, that worked perfect!

I added some other commands to a button and made a bit of a frankenstein-button out of it (I'm really new to these kinds of things...)

In the TVPX I attached it's the "bucket-icon-with-square".

I made it so when you have a layer with only line animation. You only have to click it once, it creates the layer and renames it and puts it below the line art. This is gonna save us tons of time, thanks again!
Attachments
Lukas Sketch Panel.tvpx
(971.5 KiB) Downloaded 281 times
  • Club Baboo
  • TVPaint Pro 11.7.2
  • macOS Ventura 13.4.1 & Windows 10
  • Cintiq 27QHD
CartoonMonkey

Post by CartoonMonkey »

This improvement to my script is so useful. Thank you Lukas!!
Soom

Post by Soom »

This panel is extremely helpful!!! Works like a charm - thanks a lot!!!
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
at work: Windows 10, TVP 11.7.1 Std
https://vimeo.com/danas
Soom

Post by Soom »

Actually I realized that the +Fill function only works if there are no more layers below the drawing layer, but actually Lucas's script fixes that.
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
Soom

Post by Soom »

Lukas wrote:Thanks Svengali, that worked perfect!
I added some other commands to a button and made a bit of a frankenstein-button out of it (I'm really new to these kinds of things...)
In the TVPX I attached it's the "bucket-icon-with-square".
I made it so when you have a layer with only line animation. You only have to click it once, it creates the layer and renames it and puts it below the line art. This is gonna save us tons of time, thanks again!
I really like this script, but have one problem with it: it hides all the other layers in the project, so I need to turn them on again after I run the script. Is this really necessary? or can it be fixed please? thanks
lookatme

Post by lookatme »

No one is explaining how to download (install) this!!!

I'm not that familiar with the software very well and confused...
I am not finding this george folder anywhere and even if I did I wouldn't know what to do...

I need help...
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

lookatme wrote:No one is explaining how to download (install) this!!!

I am not finding this george folder anywhere and even if I did I wouldn't know what to do...

I need help...
Forget this obsolete button set and method. Instead, use the check-box for the FILL INSIDE feature in the TOOL:FILLING SHAPE panel.

Sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
lookatme

Post by lookatme »

Svengali wrote:

I need help...
Forget this obsolete button set and method. Instead, use the check-box for the FILL INSIDE feature in the TOOL:FILLING SHAPE panel.

Sven
Thanks!
Except there's one problem...there is no fill inside check box!
I'v checked all the coloring tool and even used the websites manual as reference and its not there.I'm using version 10.0.16...

Thanks for replying though, appreciate it
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

lookatme wrote:
Svengali wrote:

I need help...

Sven
Thanks!
I'v checked all the coloring tool and even used the websites manual as reference and its not there. I'm using version 10.0.16...

Version 10.0.16 is an older version . I don't recall exactly when the FILL INSIDE option was introduced , but it is in the latest version of TVPaint 10. It's a FREE update for registered users. Simply go to the Help Menu > Check For Updates , then you'll be taken to a download page where you can enter your lock/unlock registration codes to download the free update to the latest version of TVPaint 10.

Also, I should mention that there is a notorious CRACKED version of TVPaint 10.0.16 floating around , so if you are using stolen software you should come back when you get around to purchasing a legit copy of TVPaint like everyone else here.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
lookatme

Post by lookatme »

Sven

Thanks!
I'v checked all the coloring tool and even used the websites manual as reference and its not there. I'm using version 10.0.16...

Thank you so much!

Version 10.0.16 is an older version . I don't recall exactly when the FILL INSIDE option was introduced , but it is in the latest version of TVPaint 10. It's a FREE update for registered users. Simply go to the Help Menu > Check For Updates , then you'll be taken to a download page where you can enter your lock/unlock registration codes to download the free update to the latest version of TVPaint 10.

Also, I should mention that there is a notorious CRACKED version of TVPaint 10.0.16 floating around , so if you are using stolen software you should come back when you get around to purchasing a legit copy of TVPaint like everyone else here.

You have been extremely helpful and I'll definitely try updating (i'v been putting it off for a while now)

P.S. No I'm not an idiot stealing the software...