camera zoom? Or resizing all layers and all images at once?

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
oellen

camera zoom? Or resizing all layers and all images at once?

Post by oellen »

Somehow, I screwed something up and my camera frame changed to a wider view. I thought I could just zoom in closer and fix it that way. But I couldn't make the camera zoom do anything at all. The little corner handles just moved the entire frame instead of scaling. So, then I thought I could select all layers and all images and transform them all at once using the tranform tool, scale, all layers. However it only applied to the first image on each layer. I ended up doing it one layer at a time, which took a long time. Isn't there an easier way? How do you make the zoom work on the camera?
MacPro Late 2013 64bit, OS 11.2.3
Cintiq 27 QHD
TVP 11.5.1
ZigOtto

Re: camera zoom? Or resizing all layers and all images at on

Post by ZigOtto »

the camera zoom works as expected by draging in/out one of the 4 corners in the HUD,
or by sliding left/right the mini-cursors to change the % value in the Tool: Camera panel,
the scaling is made around the center, which one can be moved as well to pan the camera frame.
the middle-right-side handle is the rotation handle.
every camera setting change can be done both in the HUD (preview window) and in the Camera panel
(by typing value in the numeric fields, or using the mini-sliders).

if for any reason, you need to rescale all the layers in once, why not to use the [modify project]
feature, lock Aspect checked, change the width or height value, and check on the [Resize to New Size] option.
oellen

Re: camera zoom? Or resizing all layers and all images at on

Post by oellen »

Hmmm, after restarting the program, the HUD is now working for the camera, but the little tool panel arrows still don't do anything. Bug? Anyway, thanks for the tip on modifying the project.
MacPro Late 2013 64bit, OS 11.2.3
Cintiq 27 QHD
TVP 11.5.1