How to create a brush with Panto source setting?

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Soom

How to create a brush with Panto source setting?

Post by Soom »

Hi
Since recently I started using a pen with Panto setting to redraw parts of other drawings. I usually need to use 2 different sources for it - part from a previous image, and part from a spare.
Today I wanted to create 2 different brushes, which would have the source setting defined already, so I don't need to change it every time in the Shape Settings panel (my 12" Cintiq is not made of rubber - not enough space on screen to keep even more panels :)), but I didn't find any function or shortcut that would lead to selecting the Source in the Shape Settings...
Is there any way to do it? some easy scripting perhaps?
thanks
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
at work: Windows 10, TVP 11.7.1 Std
https://vimeo.com/danas
Fabrice

Re: How to create a brush with Panto source setting?

Post by Fabrice »

ok, next build we will do our best to add shortcuts for this.
Fabrice Debarge
Soom

Post by Soom »

Cool, thanks for consideration!
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
Mike

Post by Mike »

You already have george command to manage source of the "Shape Settings" panel:

Code: Select all

tv_healingsource "current|before|after|display|paper|spare" [PositionX PositionY]
You can make an action in a custom panel by selecting "Embeded George script" and type:

tv_healingsource "spare"
Each time you click, the "spare" entry will be selected in the "Shape settings" popup.
Make another action to set your second choice.

And if you want a shortcut, once you have the action (with a name) in a custom panel, you can assign it in the shortcuts panel.

(Moreover, you can make just one script to toggle between 2 sources)
TVPaint Team
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

Mike wrote:You already have george command to manage source of the "Shape Settings" panel:

tv_healingsource "current|before|after|display|paper|spare" [PositionX PositionY]
You can make an action in a custom panel by selecting "Embeded George script" and type:

tv_healingsource "spare"
Each time you click, the "spare" entry will be selected in the "Shape settings" popup.
Make another action to set your second choice.

And if you want a shortcut, once you have the action (with a name) in a custom panel, you can assign it in the shortcuts panel.

(Moreover, you can make just one script to toggle between 2 sources)
cool ! 8)
does this tv_healingsource command work for the Panto source as well ?
... or a tv_pantosource command is also existing independently ?
Soom

Post by Soom »

Cool, that actually worked! (except the "after", I guess because it doesn't exist in 10.5)
There is just one little glitch - if I create two different actions for the same tool, they both get highlighted, despite the different george script. It's a little bit confusing, but not a big deal...
Thanks Mike!
Mike

Post by Mike »

ZigOtto wrote:does this tv_healingsource command work for the Panto source as well ?
Yes
TVPaint Team
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

Mike wrote:(Moreover, you can make just one script to toggle between 2 sources)
Here's a simple embed-able script that will toggle the source between previous frame and spare buffer. After toggling, It also notifies which source has been activated in the infobar.

// PantoBrush.grg
// Select Panto as brush and toggle source between  Previous Frame and Spare
Param none
tv_HealingSource
parse result Mode Px Py
IF CMP(Mode, "spare")
	tv_HealingSource "before"
	tv_Infobar "PantoSource = Previous Image"
ELSE
	tv_HealingSource "spare"
	tv_Infobar "PantoSource = Spare"
END
Sven

(Soom: If you find this useful, could you describe how you are using the "PantoBrush" and the sources in your work?)
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
Soom

Post by Soom »

Svengali wrote: (Soom: If you find this useful, could you describe how you are using the "PantoBrush" and the sources in your work?)
Extremely useful! I am using it recently very much.
When I have to move just part of a character, and some other part stays still, I use the panto previous to quickly paint the still parts from previous image.
As for switching between sources - well, many times I reuse parts from some other drawing, let's say - a correction layer, with just some lines different from the whole drawing. So to combine this and the still parts, I have to switch the brush between sources. Let me know if you need some more elaborated example.
Soom

Post by Soom »

Svengali wrote:After toggling, It also notifies which source has been activated in the infobar.
This script is working, except, that I don't see any notification - where is it suppose to appear?
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

Soom wrote:This script is working, except, that I don't see any notification - where is it suppose to appear?
Infobar = Information Bar which runs across the bottom of the interface...
Infobar - Information bar.jpg
Infobar - Information bar.jpg (22.16 KiB) Viewed 24262 times
Thanks for the workflow details. I'm glad you asked about assigning Panto source - I didn't know about that George command and it will come in handy! :D

Sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
Soom

Post by Soom »

My infobar is empty... (TVP 10.5, Mac OS 10.10.5)
:(