A and B colors (resolved)

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
oellen

A and B colors (resolved)

Post by oellen »

Hi
I have problem with my color picker. When I start up TVP, and I choose a color it goes to the Color "A" position and whatever was in "A" goes to "B", which is the way that I like it to work. However, at some point while I'm working, TVP stops putting the new color in the "A" position and starts putting it in the "B" position. Then I end up making my first stroke with the wrong color and I have delete and swap the colors. How can I make sure that the new color that I pick always goes to the "A" position?
Thanks for the help.
Last edited by oellen on 22 Oct 2015, 15:41, edited 1 time in total.
MacPro Late 2013 64bit, OS 11.2.3
Cintiq 27 QHD
TVP 11.5.1
ZigOtto

Re: A and B colors

Post by ZigOtto »

how do you use to pick your A color exactly ?

here, I've 2 ways (I use mostly the second one) :

1) LMB-clic into the A color spot (from the Color panel or from the Main panel),
you will get a "?" just behind the arrow cursor meaning "go and pick the desired color",
then clic on the color you want anywhere around into the tvpa interface,

2) use the ";" shortkey, (it's by default assigned to the "Pick Acolor" command,
then again, clic on the color you want anywhere into the tvpa interface,
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

I never found a way to pick a new APen color and automatically have the old APen color assigned to the BPen color. That really happens to you?

Anyway, here's a short George Script that WILL do that when embedded in a button.

Code: Select all

tv_GetAPen
OldAPen=result
tv_PicColor
parse result d NewAPen
tv_SetBPen OldAPen
tv_SetAPen NewAPen

But there is a way to use the SAME shortcut key to assign a clicked-pixel-color to APen or BPen:
Assign a shortcut key with Color:Pick shortcut command. When you press the shortcut key, a color-picking arrow appears.
If you click on a color pixel with the LMB (Left Mouse Button) the clicked color becomes the new APen color.
But if you click on a color pixel with the RMB (Right Mouse Button) the clicked color becomes the new BPen color. :D

Sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

or, without scripting, assign 2 commands to your ";" shortkey, in this order :
Color: Invert A/B + Color: Pick

personnaly, when I need to retrieve the previous used Acolor,
I go to the historic colors palette (the little down-arrow in the main panel),
and pick in the pop-up palette the second one from the up-left corner.
(in fact, it's just a one clic matter).
oellen

Post by oellen »

I'm just talking about picking a color from the color panel. When I first open TVP and I pick a color from the color panel it goes to the A color, but at some point (during the session) when I pick it from the color panel it goes to the B color. I have to shut the program down and reopen it to make it go back to putting the color from the color panel back into the A position. Maybe, it's something I'm doing with my cintiq pen, along the lines that Sven posted.
Cintiq 27 QHD
TVP 11.5.1
furushil

Post by furushil »

If you click on the B color with the left mouse button and then use the color sliders, then you are picking the B color. If you click on the A color then you are picking the A color (when using the color panel).
Maybe at some point during your session you click on the B color?
Try to click on the A color field when it happens again.
MAC OS 12.6.2 - TVpaint 11.7.1 PRO 64bit, Wacom Intuos Pro
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

oellen wrote:I'm just talking about picking a color from the color panel. When I first open TVP and I pick a color from the color panel it goes to the A color, but at some point (during the session) when I pick it from the color panel it goes to the B color. I have to shut the program down and reopen it to make it go back to putting the color from the color panel back into the A position. Maybe, it's something I'm doing with my cintiq pen, along the lines that Sven posted.
I think I get it now. Your tool (pen, pencil, line or shape) uses the APen. Normally, you change the APen color by selecting from the color panel. But all of a sudden (and you're not sure why) the color panel colors you pick are being assigned to the BPen color, right? Your question is: Why does this happen... and How can you change back to having your color panel choices assigned again to the APen.

The simple solution:
If the color you are picking in the color panel suddenly starts getting assigned to the BPen color DON'T shut TVPaint down. Instead, simply click on the APen color. That tells TVPaint you want any future colors picked from the color panel to be assigned to the APen color again.

You are probably inadvertently clicking on the BPen color as you work, so TVPaint thinks you want all your future clicks to the color panel assigned to BPen. Not a bug, that's just how it works. So, click on the APen color and your color panel picks will be assigned to the APen color again.
color picker arrow.jpg
color picker arrow.jpg (4.34 KiB) Viewed 21632 times
One other thing to know. If your color picks from the color panel are already being sent to the APen color and you click on the Apen color (or the eye-dropper next to it) you'll get an arrow cursor with a question mark - this arrow cursor lets you sample a new APen color from any pixel in your image or from any other place on the interface (including the color panel).

sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
oellen

Re: A and B colors (resolved)

Post by oellen »

Got it. Thanks!
The simple solution:
If the color you are picking in the color panel suddenly starts getting assigned to the BPen color DON'T shut TVPaint down. Instead, simply click on the APen color. That tells TVPaint you want any future colors picked from the color panel to be assigned to the APen color again.

You are probably inadvertently clicking on the BPen color as you work, so TVPaint thinks you want all your future clicks to the color panel assigned to BPen. Not a bug, that's just how it works. So, click on the APen color and your color panel picks will be assigned to the APen color again.
Cintiq 27 QHD
TVP 11.5.1