Multi-Panel Tab Simulator - Store more buttons in less space

Share your custom panels, brushes, papers... (you need to be registered to read posts in this section)
Svengali

Multi-Panel Tab Simulator - Store more buttons in less space

Post by Svengali »

Here's a way to create MULTIPLE "tabbed" PANEL SETS so that they can alternately occupy the same screen space.
TabPanels.gif
TabPanels.gif (78.68 KiB) Viewed 1777 times
A row of buttons across the first row act like tabs. In the example with four buttons (A B C D) you can open any of the four panels by clicking on one or another of the buttons. Since the panels are stacked, they can all occupy the same screen space... and you can have four times the icons in the same space... especially useful to Android Tablet users AND Cintiq users.

Attached you'll find two files:
1. a ZIP file: ABCDEFabcdef.ZIP containing a TVPaint file:ABCDEFabcdef.tvpp with icon-sized letters (upper and lower case) that can be grabbed for buttons.
2. a PDF file: Panel Tab Sets.PDF explains how to create four panels with four buttons each AND how to assign command pairs that toggle panels on and off.

There are two ways I've set up my own versions of the "tabbed" panels:
First, so they are part of the LEFT or RIGHT Panel Bins where you can create up to SIX! tabbed superimposed panels. The second way is to set up floating panels which can be as few as two or as many as six superimposed panels.

Sven
Attachments
Panel Tab Sets.pdf
(242.65 KiB) Downloaded 272 times
ABCDEFabcdef.zip
(11.68 KiB) Downloaded 265 times
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
D.T. Nethery

Re: Multi-Panel Tab Simulator - Store more buttons in less s

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Excellent ! Thank you !
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Haven't seen this post, it's really clever. Thanks!
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Me neither ! That's really cool ! :D
meslin

Post by meslin »

This is an ingenious idea, but it was kind of time-consuming to set it up. I wonder if anyone else would adopt the process if it were a little quicker.
It would be very cool if there was a one-click solution to get the six panels set up.
Attached is a zip file with the six TVPX panels in place, and a .tvpp file wherein the panels are embedded, but they've lost all their actions.
Attachments
multi-panel project and tvpx panels.zip
(135.56 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

meslin wrote:This is an ingenious idea, but it was kind of time-consuming to set it up. I wonder if anyone else would adopt the process if it were a little quicker.
Since posting this, (and having to go through the pain of setting up all the buttons several times for different panel sets ) I've simplified it to just one button in each panel. Clicking on the button in each panel invokes the next panel. So, instead of directly calling the other panels in the set it simply loops through them all.

Another solution I tried is to have two buttons (previous and next) which lets me loop through all panels in the set, forward and backward.

If it could be setup with one click that would be great.

Sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB