Timesheet

Share your custom panels, brushes, papers... (you need to be registered to read posts in this section)
Thierry
Site Admin

Timesheet

Post by Thierry »

The long-awaited timesheet is finally there !

What does it do ? It scans all of the visible layers in the current clip and stores the instances heads and image marks (and the instances names but it seems there is a little bug here).
When you load the panel, there are two buttons : "Sheet Key" and "Sheet Inbetweens". They were asked by a user in Japan. Their core functions are basically the same, but they do it differently. I will explain the differences later.
Let's concentrate on "Sheet Key"

So, let's show 2 examples.
Let's take this timeline :
timeline-normal.JPG
timeline-normal.JPG (89.71 KiB) Viewed 7377 times
9 layers, 3 of them are visible, 184 images.
When clicking on "Sheet Key", the script will scan the layers, then draw a table. This will be the result :
keys.png
The script produces a new project named Timesheet with the following dimensions : 3748 x 1324 (A3)

What do we have ?
At the top :
  • A field named Title containing the project's name, and a field named Ep.no left blank (was requested by our Japanese user)
  • A field named Cut.no, containing the characters between the first "_" and second "_" characters in the project's name (was requested by our Japanese user)
  • A field named Duration, containing the duration, calculated like this : Integer division of total number of frames by the frame rate + the rest of the images.
  • A field named Animator name, filled with the Author's name.
  • A field named Page, indicating the current page of the Timesheet.
All of these information can be edited by modifying the DrawProjectInfos() function located in the sheet_key.grg file. (Important : if you don't have any experience with George scripting, or coding in general, it's not advised to modify the sheet_key.grg and sheet_inbetweens.grg files !)

The main part :
We have two identical tables, organized as follows:
  • In the first 7 columns, the name of the instances heads that have an image mark are circled in red. For now, it is only "0". Obivously, it's advised that the names of the instances should be numbers, and not words (otherwise it can't fit).
    The exposures are reprensented by a black line.
    Exposures having an image mark are reprensented by a black dot.
    The first two characters of the layer name are on top.
  • There is a column named Dialog where you can write informations about the dialog. The script does not fill this column.
  • The column at the right is used by the "Sheet Inbetween" script. I will come back later to this.
  • The last column, named Camera can be used to write informations about the camera. The script does not fill this column.
  • You can see a red line : it represents the Mark Out value.
Now, if you have more than 7 visible layers in your current clip, the script behaves differently.
Here is the result in that case :
alternate.png
(there are still 184 images)
  • 16 layers and 72 images can be displayed (instead of 7 layers and 144 images).
  • The Dialog column is near the Camera column.

Now, on to the "Inbetweens" part.
The goal of the Timesheet script is to compare the evolution between the moment when you draw the Key Animations, and the moment when you draw the Inbetweens. So, when you click on the Sheet Inbetween button, here's what will happen :
  • The script will look in the currently opened projects for a project named Timesheet (remember, it's the project created by the Sheet Key). If it is found, then it will scan the current visible layers for the instances heads and the image marks and switch to the Timesheet project, then fill the "Inbetweens" part of the Timesheet.
  • If the Timesheet project isn't loaded in TVPaint Animation, the script will warn you, and open a File Requester. You will need to look for the project in your computer, and the script will load it, and perform the same operations as described before.
Here's an example :
inbetween.png
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update, 17/05/2016 :

• The "Animator Name" part is now filled with the project's author name (Project tab > Author)
  • Post-behavior is now reflected :
    • If it is "Ping-pong", then "RETURN" will be written at the end.
    • If "Loop", then "REPEAT".
    • If "None", there will be a red cross at the end.
    • If "Hold", then there will a red line.
  • The table is more 'readable' : each 6 lines, there is a thicker line, and each 24 lines an even more thicker one (the Timesheet is designed to work with projects that are on 24 frames per second).
  • The project created by the script is now named OriginalProjectName_ts. Hence, when using the Inbetweens button, the script will look for a project named OriginalProjectName_ts instead of just "Timesheet" (if such project isn't found, it still opens a File Requester)
  • All of the bugs mentionned before have been fixed, and the script should be faster than before.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have fun !
(and don't forget to report any bugs you will find !)
sheet_key.grg
(37.91 KiB) Downloaded 392 times
sheet_inbetween.grg
(22.95 KiB) Downloaded 418 times
Sheet_7-5.tvpx
(66.5 KiB) Downloaded 410 times
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
D.T. Nethery

Re: Timesheet

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Thank you . I'm looking forward to trying it. :D

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
ini

Post by ini »

Thank you
I can't speak english.......
There is execution error 'DrawClipMarkout()'
with markout set on the first frame.
Last edited by ini on 28 Feb 2016, 20:35, edited 1 time in total.
e-mail : ini@7ini.com twitter : @Ain_is_
-----------------------------------------------------
TVPaint 11 PRO STD (11.7.0 - 64bits) on
AMD Ryzen9 5950x, 3080 &2080ti, 128GB ram, Windows10, Cintiq 27 Pro (DTH-271)

TVPaint 11 PRO WIBU (11.5.1 - 64bits) on
Cintiq Mobile Studio Pro 13 (DTH-W1321H)
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

There should be an updated version 7.3
Thierry will post it.
We are still in the process of improving the script.
Fabrice Debarge
ten_zero

Post by ten_zero »

Merci Monsieur Cantet,

I have shared this article on TVP Japanese language topic :)
ini

Post by ini »

ten_zero
'X-sheet → Timesheet exporter'
I think It's not for x-sheet 'for now',

this script is worked by anim layer with image markers in timeline.
e-mail : ini@7ini.com twitter : @Ain_is_
-----------------------------------------------------
TVPaint 11 PRO STD (11.7.0 - 64bits) on
AMD Ryzen9 5950x, 3080 &2080ti, 128GB ram, Windows10, Cintiq 27 Pro (DTH-271)

TVPaint 11 PRO WIBU (11.5.1 - 64bits) on
Cintiq Mobile Studio Pro 13 (DTH-W1321H)
ten_zero

Post by ten_zero »

ini wrote:
ten_zero
'X-sheet → Timesheet exporter'
I think It's not for x-sheet 'for now',

this script is worked by anim layer with image markers in timeline.
Thanks Sir, I fixed.
Near the future I would like to so perfectly.
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

Hi there !

New version of the Timesheet, with a lot of fixed bugs and some new features :
  • The "Animator Name" part is now filled with the project's author name (Project tab > Author)
  • Post-behavior is now reflected :
    • If it is "Ping-pong", then "RETURN" will be written at the end.
    • If "Loop", then "REPEAT".
    • If "None", there will be a red cross at the end.
    • If "Hold", then there will a red line.
  • The table is more 'readable' : each 6 lines, there is a thicker line, and each 24 lines an even more thicker one (the Timesheet is designed to work with projects that are on 24 frames per second).
  • The project created by the script is now named OriginalProjectName_ts. Hence, when using the Inbetweens button, the script will look for a project named OriginalProjectName_ts instead of just "Timesheet" (if such project isn't found, it still opens a File Requester)
  • All of the bugs mentionned before have been fixed, and the script should be faster than before.
  • There's a little more room available for longer instance names, but it is still advised to use number as instances names.
To download it, please go to the first post, which has been updated :)
JQuinn

Post by JQuinn »

Hi Thierry

I wonder if you could help me out as I'm a bit confused about the time sheet. What is the relationship between the Xsheet tab in preferences and this new sheet key? I can't seem to fathom out either of them even after watching all the videos!

Further back in this post you say...
All of these information can be edited by modifying the DrawProjectInfos() function.
Where can this be found?

Thanks

Joanna
http://www.berylproductions.co.uk
TVP 11 pro - Mac Pro Quad Core - Cintiq touch 22"
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

JQuinn wrote:I wonder if you could help me out as I'm a bit confused about the time sheet. What is the relationship between the Xsheet tab in preferences and this new sheet key? I can't seem to fathom out either of them even after watching all the videos!
There's no relation between the XSheet tab and this Timesheet script, but I can understand the confusion : I've made this Timesheet script for some Japanese studios (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqn1r-gRgD4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for example) because the XSheet tab in TVPaint didn't meet their expectations.

JQuinn wrote:
All of these information can be edited by modifying the DrawProjectInfos() function.
Where can this be found?
This function is in the sheet_key.grg file.
I should probably mention in the first post that if you don't have any experience with George scripting (or coding in general) it's not a good idea to modify those files.
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Where should the .grg scripts , sheet_key.grg and sheet_inbetween.grg , be installed ?

When I try to use it I get an error message:
Spoiler : :
grg script Execution error.jpg
grg script Execution error.jpg (32.24 KiB) Viewed 7196 times

Last edited by D.T. Nethery on 18 May 2016, 16:06, edited 1 time in total.

Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

D.T. Nethery wrote:Where should the .grg scripts , sheet_key.grg and sheet_inbetween.grg , be installed ?
The .grg scripts are included in the .tvpx, so you don't really need to download the sheet_key.grg and sheet_inbetween.grg files.
It's just the source code, for people that are interested in seeing it and/or changing it.
D.T. Nethery wrote:When I try to use it I get an error message:
Can you send me a screenshot of your TVPaint interface just before you run the script ?
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Thierry wrote: Can you send me a screenshot of your TVPaint interface just before you run the script ?
I uninstalled it , then downloaded and re-installed it . Now it works as expected, with no error message when generating Timesheet.

Instances marked with an Image Mark now appear as the correct instance number on the Timesheet , with the images inbetween each Image Mark appearing as an X on the Timesheet.

I have a few suggestions:

1.) Please have the frame count at the left side be continuous frame count
(1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 , 10 , etc. instead of 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 , etc. )

2.) wider columns so 3 and 4 digit numbers are more readable .

3.) the red circle around the Key drawings (Image Mark instances) is slightly larger for better readability with 3 and 4 digit numbers.
(Perhaps Key drawings could be denoted by a RED BOX (rectangle) around the Key frame numbers rather than a circle ? )

4.) inbetween frames are indicated by a lighter (grey) X . (or inbetween frames are numbers , but the numbers for the inbetween frame are in light grey . Keys are in BLACK , circled in RED .)

5.) Thicker BLUE line every 24 frames.

6.) Blue line every 8 frames .

7.) End of Scene ("CUT" line) is a Thicker RED line .
Timesheet_format_suggestions.jpg

Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

D.T. Nethery wrote:I have a few suggestions:

1.) Please have the frame count at the left side be continuous frame count
(1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 , 10 , etc. instead of 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 , etc. )
5.) Thicker BLUE line every 24 frames.
6.) Blue line every 8 frames .
7.) End of Scene ("CUT" line) is a Thicker RED line ..
Doable without any issues.
D.T. Nethery wrote:2.) wider columns so 3 and 4 digit numbers are more readable.
This will be very tricky to do, as everything is calculated to fit with the size of the columns.
I can widen them, but not by much. I'll see what I can do.
D.T. Nethery wrote:3.) the red circle around the Key drawings (Image Mark instances) is slightly larger for better readability with 3 and 4 digit numbers.
(Perhaps Key drawings could be denoted by a RED BOX (rectangle) around the Key frame numbers rather than a circle ? )
I don't think I can make the red circle larger without widening the columns, as the circle already fills the squares.
However, having a red rectangle around the key frame numbers is a good idea. I'll see what I can do (shouldn't be hard).
D.T. Nethery wrote:4.) inbetween frames are indicated by a lighter (grey) X . (or inbetween frames are numbers , but the numbers for the inbetween frame are in light grey . Keys are in BLACK , circled in RED .)
Having them in a lighter gray shouldn't cause an issue.
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Thank you ! That would all be very useful. If the red rectangle around the key frame numbers is doable I think it will help with readability for three and four digit numbers . And if the columns could be slightly wider it would make the three and four digit numbers more readable.
Timesheet_format_suggestions_2.jpg