Programming a Cintiq express key remote for TVP?

Share your custom panels, brushes, papers... (you need to be registered to read posts in this section)
BruceM

Programming a Cintiq express key remote for TVP?

Post by BruceM »

I recently purchased a Cintiq 27 QHD and am now attempting to program the buttons to work well with TVPaint. Does anyone else on this forum have their express key remote programmed in a particularly efficient way for TVPaint that they would be willing to share with me?

Thanks,

-Bruce
Elodie

Re: Programming a Cintiq express key remote for TVP?

Post by Elodie »

That's a really interesting topic. I configured once the remote key for a colleague, but then we realized that preferences saved for Mac are not compatible on Windows... :/
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

When I tried it this summer, I added the following options & modifiers :
- alt
- ctrl
- undo
- redo
- next instance
- prev instance
- some flip options
- toggle lighttable
Fabrice Debarge
BruceM

Post by BruceM »

Thanks for responding, Elodie and Fabrice! I'm using a Mac. Do you recall, Elodie, what shortcuts you programmed into it for your colleague?
Also, do either of you know, specifically, which shortcut in the shortcut menu I would use in order to be able to toggle back and forth between a large project window and the regular size project window. I find myself just going down to the two tiny arrows under the project window and sliding them with the stylus, but am wanting to come up with a shortcut for it. Or if there's no such toggle, which two shortcut commands I would use?

Thanks!

-Bruce
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

There you go :
ExpressKey001.png
ExpressKey002.png
ExpressKey003.png
(Only "Manual Flip" must be assigned in TVPaint : it's when you use the Flip panel. By default, I think I used the letter J)
Preferences.wacomprefs.zip
(54.07 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
Unzip the folder and double click on "Preferences.wacomprefs" to install the preferences (a windows will appear : you can close it immediately, for it will just inform you that everything was installed properly).

Nothing is assigned to the Touch Ring because at the time I tested it, it was terribly laggy on Mac. But since, we made a couple of improvements, so you can try to configure it.
BruceM

Post by BruceM »

Wow! This is very cool!
Thank you so much, Elodie!
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

You're welcome ! It's just a way to get started with, feel free to adapt it to your needs ^^
BruceM

Post by BruceM »

I will for sure. Thank you!

I'm not entirely clear on "modifier" buttons and how they're used -- when you click on a key that's programmed as a modifier, does that change all of your express keys to function as something different? Or does it only modify the next key that you press?

-Bruce
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Modifiers are keys like Ctrl, Alt and Cmd.
You can have a remote's button configured as Alt only and another button configured as Ctrl, for example.

In my case, I have one button for Alt (to pan and zoom) and another one with Ctrl + Alt (to rotate).

Hopefully it helps.
BruceM

Post by BruceM »

Ah! Okay, I get it now. Thanks Elodie!
I learned something new today!