Wacom MobileStudio Pro

To talk about anything else
Elodie

Wacom MobileStudio Pro

Post by Elodie »

If some of you are wondering whether the new Wacom MobileStudio Pro is worth it, here is a review that I recorded ( :oops: )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGvUhtwRaNs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NathanOtano

Re: Wacom MobileStudio Pro

Post by NathanOtano »

Thanks Elodie! Really helpful
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

Curious about three things:

1. With the USB type C connector, what happens to the current Dongle? An adapter cable and plug or a new dongle, or some other copyprotection???

2. I assume another of the included icon sets will provide better readability and clickability with the higher resolution display?

3. Have you tried using it as a graphics input device on a PC or Mac? If so, what is your take on the MobileStudo Pro used that way?

Despite the formidable price, the versatile MobileStudio Pro 13 seems to be well received and well reviewed - looks like what I've been waiting for - maybe next Spring...

Sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Svengali wrote:1. With the USB type C connector, what happens to the current Dongle? An adapter cable and plug or a new dongle, or some other copyprotection???
Yes, it works. But obviously, that's the totally unconvenient, but as you should know, we are working on a new copy protection. :wink:
Svengali wrote:2. I assume another of the included icon sets will provide better readability and clickability with the higher resolution display?
Yes, I forgot to mention it in the video but yes, you can already rescale the interface in TVPaint preferences.
Svengali wrote:3. Have you tried using it as a graphics input device on a PC or Mac? If so, what is your take on the MobileStudo Pro used that way?
Not yet : it's going to be the topic of a next video (when I'll come back from holidays)
Svengali wrote:Despite the formidable price, the versatile MobileStudio Pro 13 seems to be well received and well reviewed - looks like what I've been waiting for - maybe next Spring...
The price is high, but after all, when you purchase a good computer + a Cintiq, the total will be the same price (and you'll have the advantage to be mobile)
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

Elodie wrote:If some of you are wondering whether the new Wacom MobileStudio Pro is worth it, here is a review that I recorded ( :oops: )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGvUhtwRaNs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for the review, Elodie. Very interesting (and entertaining)!
That thing you do at the end where the brush texture is masked and follows the shape of scarf, is that something that I can find more info on in the documentation or the tutorials?
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Thank you Sewie :)
That thing you do at the end where the brush texture is masked and follows the shape of scarf, is that something that I can find more info on in the documentation or the tutorials?
Hell yeah !

https://www.tvpaint.com/doc/tvp11/index ... ing-create" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm also planning to release a video about it.
petescalzitti

Post by petescalzitti »

Hey!

I LOVE TVpaint. I also have a Mobile Studio Pro

Wanted to check in if there was any update on usb-c/dongle adapter situation...

I would looooove to someday not have to have the dongle sticking out of the mobile studio pro, as it bumps into things and lessens the convenience and portability of the mobile studio pro... is this a dream that will always remain a dream?

For now, my plan is to velcro the donlge to the back with a usb-c to usb 3 adapter, but if I don't have to do this... I'd love to know!

Either way, TVpaint will always be my #1 animation program, just been wondering about this...

Thanks!

-Pete
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

It's coming. Slowly, but it's coming (trust me : sales & support crew cannot wait either : it's going to make our jobs so much easier !)
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

I don't know if it's possible, but if it is, could you tell us which system will replace the dongle?
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

schwarzgrau wrote: 20 Feb 2017, 18:28 I don't know if it's possible, but if it is, could you tell us which system will replace the dongle?
not yet. Only when it's ready.
Fabrice Debarge
petescalzitti

Post by petescalzitti »

Hey everybody!

Hate to bring this up again... but has there been an update to go dongle free?

I've got a workaround (I still velcro an adapter to the back of my Mobile Studio Pro), and will definitely continue to use TV Paint! But was just curious...

Thanks!
furushil

Post by furushil »

I saw this picture on the TVPaint instagram page some days ago:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BhHThgAnBdR ... by=tvpaint

Looks like there will be an update soon.
MAC OS 12.6.2 - TVpaint 11.7.1 PRO 64bit, Wacom Intuos Pro