HELP : restoring Particle Generator Presets

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
D.T. Nethery

HELP : restoring Particle Generator Presets

Post by D.T. Nethery »

I accidentally deleted one of the presets in the Particle Generator , under "Nature" --- "Snow" .

How can I get "Snow" back in the particle generator presets ?
ZigOtto

Re: HELP : restoring Particle Generator Presets

Post by ZigOtto »

have you try to start with a new (default) config,
then save (export the FX.bin) the Particle Genenerator /Nature /Snow Effect,
then restart with your personal config, and load the "Snow" FX.bin ...?
maybe it could be working, (... I hope so) .
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

ZigOtto wrote:have you try to start with a new (default) config,
then save (export the FX.bin) the Particle Genenerator /Nature /Snow Effect,
then restart with your personal config, and load the "Snow" FX.bin ...?
maybe it could be working, (... I hope so) .

Thank you . That works to get the Snow particle effect back. I can't reload it into the "Presets" list, but now I have it in my FX Bin.

One of my "New Year's Resolutions" is to become more proficient with advanced features of the FX Stack, such as the Particle Generator. I was playing around with the Particle Generator and I must have accidentally hit "Delete" when I had Snow selected.

Now here is another problem:

In my effort to become more proficient with the FX Stack I purchased Terrence Walker's tutorial Particle Magic . Terrence's tutorial comes with many pre-made particle effects.

The problem is that I can't get them to load .

I go to FX Stack --- Rendering --- Particles Generator --- FX Bin --- Import --- then navigate to folder of Terrence's pre-made particle fx , select a .bin file to import , say "Wispy_Smoke.bin" , then click Load , but an error message pops up saying: "Bad or Corrupted Bin File !"
Screen shot 2012-01-02 at 1.45.53 PM.png
Screen shot 2012-01-02 at 1.45.53 PM.png (8.6 KiB) Viewed 20373 times
Why won't it import into the FX Bin for Particles Generator ?
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

D.T. Nethery wrote:That works to get the Snow particle effect back. I can't reload it into the "Presets" list ...
well, to recover it in the presets folder, I think you can try this : quit TVPA, go and pick (copy) this file :
C:\Documents and Settings\yourAccount\Application Data\tvp animation 9 pro\default\FSF\Particles\bin.bin,
and paste/replace to this one :
C:\Documents and Settings\yourAccount\Application Data\tvp animation 9 pro\yourConfig\FSF\Particles\bin.bin
(nota : replace "tvp animation 9 pro" by "tvp animation 10 pro" in the above path lines, according to the tvpa version you are working with.)
D.T. Nethery wrote:Now here is another problem:
In my effort to become more proficient with the FX Stack I purchased Terrence Walker's tutorial Particle Magic . Terrence's tutorial comes with many pre-made particle effects.

I go to FX Stack --- Rendering --- Particles Generator --- FX Bin --- Import --- then navigate to folder of Terrence's pre-made particle fx , select a .bin file to import , say "Wispy_Smoke.bin" , then click Load , but an error message pops up saying: "Bad or Corrupted Bin File !"
I've no idea as I haven't Terrence's Particle Magic to test these .bin files here.
maybe a custom particle brush (.dip file) which is missing ?
... really don't know, sorry to be of no help with this new problem.
artfx

Post by artfx »

D.T. Nethery wrote: Now here is another problem:

Hello D.T.

My bins do not require you to be in the particle generator. You simply open the FX Stack, and then in the bin menu there you can load my bin files. The reason is that some of my FX bins use more than one particle generator or add other FX like glow etc. If you use the bin inside the particle generator, you will get the error you encountered. They are different formats.
Terrence Walker
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
MacOS Monterey Version 12.6.2
2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Intel Iris Graphics 6100