The Display tab
The Display tab concerns brush and tool display.
The first section, Tool Display, includes two parts :
- Hide Tools Preview, when checked, masks the tools preview. For example, when Hide Tools Preview is unchecked and one draws with a brush, one sees a picture of the brush under the cursor.
This option is sometimes practical when working on a computer with limited resources : the use and display of large tools may slow the computer down.
- Similarly, when using a brush to draw with a shape tool such as Rectangle or Ellipse, normally one will see the brush previewed along with the shape (see illustration below). When Hide Shape Preview is checked, it masks the display of the current brush, showing only the Rectangle or Ellipse as a bare line.
The second section, Layer thumbnails, gives one the option to either show all the thumbnails in a layer (which can take a lot of time to generate), or only the first and last one.
Layer Thumbnails option Enabled
Layer Thumbnails option Disabled
You can also disable or enable this option in the timeline.
The second option, Pop-up for drag and dropping images, sets the behavior when drag and dropping images in the timeline : if checked, a pop-up will appear when drag and dropping images and you will be able to choose between Move, Copy and Insert. If unchecked, you will need to hold Ctrl to copy images and Shift to insert images. If no key is hold, images will be moved.
The Drawers section gives options to display either the left or right Drawers, both, or none.
The Timeline section gives the following options:
- The Extended Timeline option (by default active) allows you to have an extended timeline on the entire lower part of the interface. Otherwise, the timeline is shrunk to give more space to the Drawers. For this option to work, the Timeline must be docked.
- The next option allows you to display the timeline Vertically.
- The last option allows you to display the XSheet (or exposure sheet) in a third, separate tab, at the top left of the timeline.
This old function of TVPaint Animation is no longer displayed by default.
The Magnet option allows the various interface windows to be snapped to other windows and menus. This allows management of the interface to be quicker and more practical
The next section, Project window, contains a tick box used to place the current project windows behind the other interface panels.
The last option Use TVPaint Menu is only available for Mac OS X. When this option is checked, the main menu of TVPaint Animation is both available in the Mac menu and inside the TVPaint Animation window.