The Start tab
In this tab, it is possible to choose what the configuration at the start of the software.
* Remember last used configuration will keep all changes you made in the interface of TVPaint Animation. Be careful, you must close the software correctly to save your choices.
* Keep always the same configuration is very useful for schools and training centers where students must keep a default interface. Whatever how many changes you'll bring, each time you will re-open the software, you will keep the interface by default.
* Open Startup Panel : it is possible to open the startup panel when the software starts. The Startup Panel is detailed above
* Template : it is possible to use a template. When this option is selected, a second popup appears to be able to select what template will be chosen.
- Open last used project at startup, once checked, will always open the last project you used with TVPaint Animation.
- The third section of the Startup tab is dedicated to the default layer’s parameters : the layer that you have when you open the software, or when you create a new project for example.
You can define the Autobreak instance, Autostretch layer (also known as auto create instance), the layer’s Pre and Post behaviors and you can even Lock its position.
The Startup Panel
In this panel, there are two parts for the Configuration and the Template management. A configuration contains a lot of useful informations like the layout of panels, the interface colors, the palettes, etc …
With the Professional Edition, it is possible to create several kind of configurations.
For example : a configuration adapted to dual-screen computer, a configuration adapted to HDTV, another one with other interface colors, etc … The current configuration can be saved when you quit the program. The starting panel of the program allows you to manage the configurations.
When restarting TVPaint Animation Professional Edition, the user may either create, copy or delete a configuration (you can also select their storing folder).
* To create a new configuration, click on the dedicated button in the window which first appears when the program is started (see below).
* To duplicate an existing configuration, click on the Copy button in the same window. A text window will appear. You may enter the name of the duplicated configuration in the text field and then validate it by clicking OK.
* When a configuration is deleted, all effects, brushes, palettes, shortcuts… used previously will be lost. Of course, if you saved them in advance, you can reload and re-use them.
By default, the configurations are located in the folder :
- for Windows users :
C:\\Documents and Settings\\your_name\\Application Data\\TVPaint Animation 11 (pro)
- for Mac users :
Home Directory/Library/tvp animation 11 (pro)/
(be careful, Libraries are hidden on Mac Lion, Mountain Lion and Yosemite)
- for Linux users :
(be careful, .tvp is a hidden folder)
The second part, concerning the Template, allows you to start the software with a project which has all the parameters giving here.
The From File popup menu allows you to start the software by loading one of the ten previously used project.