In this tab, it is possible to choose what the configuration at the start of the software.
* Remember last used configuration will keep all changes you made in the interface of TVPaint Animation. Be careful, you must close the software correctly to save your choices.
* Keep always the same configuration is very useful for schools and training centers where students must keep a default interface. Whatever how many changes you'll bring, each time you will re-open the software, you will keep the interface by default.
* Open Startup Panel: it is possible to open the startup panel when the software starts. The Startup Panel is detailed above
* Template: it is possible to use a template. When this option is selected, a second popup appears to be able to select what template will be chosen.
- Open last used project at startup, once checked, will always open the last project you used with TVPaint Animation.
- The third section of the Startup tab is dedicated to the default layer’s parameters : the layer that you have when you open the software, or when you create a new project for example.
You can define the Autobreak instance, Autostretch layer (also known as auto create instance), the layer’s Pre and Post behaviors and you can even Lock its position.
The Apply changes flag enabled on load option, if checked, will make the Apply changes flag enabled every time you load a project. Uncheck it to deactivate this feature on load. You can learn more about this feature by reading lesson 7.
The Startup Panel
This panel is divided into two different sections. The Configuration one allows you to manage your TVPaint configuration. The Template section allows you to choose a template from which a new project will be created.
The configuration section:
A configuration contains a lot of useful information such as your panels’ layout, the interface’s colors you’ve chosen, your palettes, etc. The current configuration you’re using will be saved when you quit the program. Depending on your TVPaint Edition different configuration management options will be available to you:
-The Standard Edition allows you to have only one configuration. You can reset it to its default parameters using the Startup Panel’s Reset Configuration button.
-The Professional Edition allows you to have multiple configurations.
For example, you can have a configuration adapted to a dual-screen setup, a configuration adapted to HDTV, another one with different interface colors etc. The Startup Panel offers options to manage your different configurations.
When starting TVPaint Animation Professional Edition, you may either create, copy or delete a configuration using the Startup Panel. You can also select the folder where the configuration will be saved.
* To create a new configuration, click on the New button of the Startup Panel. A text window will then pop up for you to name this new configuration.
* To duplicate an existing configuration, click on the Copy button. A text window will then appear allowing you to name this duplicated configuration.
* When a configuration is deleted, all effects, brushes, palettes, shortcuts… used previously will be lost. Of course, if you saved them in advance, you can reload and re-use them.
* The Config Folder button allows you to open the selected configuration’s folder in your operating system’s file explorer.
By default, the configurations are located in the following folders depending on your operating system:
-Windows: C:\\Documents and Settings\\<user_name>\\AppData\\Roaming\\TVPaint Animation 11 [pro]
-macOS: /Users/<username>/Library/tvp animation 11 [pro]
(be careful, the user Library has been hidden starting with Mac OS X Lion).
-Linux: Home Directory/.tvp/
(be careful, .tvp is a hidden folder)
The template section:
The Template section allows you to choose a predefined template for your new project. You can also give custom values to all the different parameters to suit your needs.
The From file menu:
The Professional Edition has a From File menu allowing you to load one of the ten previously opened projects.