- A left click on the mixer surface incorporates the A color to the visible mixer which can then be «spread». You then can mix your colors like a painter.
- Hold [Ctrl] to select a color in the palette (you can also use the color picker, in the red circle)
By right-clicking, you will open a contextual menu, specific to the Mixer option. The second action, Pick a color, lets you choose a color on the location of your cursor (or stylus).
- Hold [Alt] to smear colors in the palette
- Hold [Shift] to erase the colors
If the mixers proposed are not what you want, you can also use Clear mixer in the sub-menu. You then will have a clean palette.
It’s up to you to create new mixes.
This right-click shows you a menu with lots of options.
Firstly, you can choose to work with predefined : blue, clouds, inks, dirty, nebula, etc..
A small sign lets you know the name of the chosen mix.
If the mixers proposed don’t suit you, TVPaint Animation also offers other possibilities :
- New mix : lets you create three mix types
- Empty : after opening the dialog box where you can name your future creation, you have a clean palette, ready for your new mixes.
- From current image : your current drawing will be "imported" in the panel. You can zoom in the workspace to work more efficiently with your new mix.
- From image… : lets you create a new mix from an image that need to be imported in the Library*.
Your mixes will be accessible in the Mixer list on top of the menu.
- Duplicate mixer : once chosen, a copy is then available in the Mixer list under the name Copy of…
- Rename mixer : lets you rename the mixer
- Delete mixer : lets you delete a mixer from the list. A confirmation window appears to ask a confirmation.
*For everything related to the Library, please read the chapter dedicated to it.
The last part of the menu is File :
Three options are available in this menu :
- Import Mixer : lets you open an image inside the panel to pick the colors or create new mixers. You can also increase the panel’s size, like the Pick panel.
- Export Mixer : lets you export your mix as a .dip file
- Default Mixers : lets you return to TVPaint Animation’s default mixers, in case you lost them or if your mixers have gone too far.