The Transform tool
The Transform tool in the main panel is used to shift, rotate, increase or reduce the image. This tool is also accessible thanks to the shortcut [Ctrl + T].
* The Flip drop down menu offers several options:
-Horizontal: to flip your image horizontally.
-Vertical: to flip your image vertically.
-Both axes: to flip your image both horizontally and vertically.
* The Panning X and Panning Y variables are used to translate the image on the screen. The Center button is used to re-center it. You can also use the shortcuts [Ctrl+8], [Ctrl+6], [Ctrl+2] and [Ctrl+4], to respectively move your image at the top, on the right, at the bottom and on the left.
* The Scale variable is used to modify the size of the image (increase or decrease).
* The Angle variable is used to rotate the image.
*The Pivot X, Pivot Y and Pivot Angle variables are used to adjust the the coordinates of the pivot point. You can also use the HUD to move the pivot point as we will see below.
* The Reset button resets the settings.
* The drop-down menu AAliasing allows you to choose the quality of the transformation. The better is the quality, the more time it takes to compute:
You can use the HUD to modify your images manually.
The circle located at the right end of the HUD’s middle line allows you to rotate the image.
* The part Apply on will allow you to choose if your changes will apply on the Current layer, the Current group or All layers.
* Fill satisfied with the settings, the Apply button is pressed to finish the operation.
Move image and Shift modeMove image and Fill modeMove selection content
To move several images at the same time (with Transform and Perspective tools), select them all in first befor applying the change. By default, the tool will apply on instance's heads only.
We will explain everything about instances later. For another tip, read also the chapter about the Zoom and View options on this lesson.
If you click and drag the square in the middle of the HUD, you will be able to move the pivot point and rotate the image accordingly.
Finally, you can reset individual parameter settings. To do so, simply right click anywhere on the project window. The following pop up menu should appear:
From there, you will be able to reset the Panning, Scale, Angle, Pivot Center or Pivot Angle settings.