The Rendering > Text effect
We saw in lesson 5 how to create a Text Brush using the Text tool from the tool panel.
The Rendering > Text effect should not disorientate you.
* The Text field is where you have to type the text,
* The Font menu allows you to change the font,
* You already know the various settings like Size, Size X, Spacing, Italic, Tracking and Angle. However, these values can be keyframed now (which cannot be done with the simple Text Brush tool).
So you can make a text going bigger and bigger, make it switch to italic, or make the spacing change, etc... or all at the same time !
Let's take a look to the new settings :
* You can make the text follow a path thanks to the Position settings (with a stored path or graphically through the HUD).
* The Angle setting permits to adjust the angle made by the text (in relation to the horizontal line),
* The Rotation setting can increase the Angle value with a multiple of 360,
* The Align menu allows you to change the position of the HUD text handle : right, left, centered.
There are still 3 tabs left :
* The Font tab manage the pixels of the text itself
* The borders tab manage the pixels of the borders of the text : you can adjust the thickness of the border.
* The Shadow tab can create a shadow for the text : the Angle and Distance settings give the position of the shadow.
In each tab, smooth settings can be adjusted and there are three filling types available :
* fill with a picked color (you will be able to change its opacity). See the first example of this page
* fill with a color gradient (you will be able to adjust its angle).
* fill with a texture you will have to define (current image, spare image, brush, paper, etc...).
TVPaint Animation Professional Edition can use non-occidental fonts like Chinese, Japanese, Arabic fonts, ...