The Preferences panel options
In the Preferences panel (Edit > Preferences), under the Sound tab, more functions are available concerning the audio.
* The first section of this tab refers to the Scrub options.
- The first Scrub Duration option sets the duration of the scrubbing.
- The second popup Scrub Mode allows to choose when the tracks should be played, Never, Always, or only when the user Scrubs.
* The popup Sampling Rate in the second section, lets the user select the sample rate wherein every audio tracks will be re-sampled during their import in TVPaint Animation. To have the best results, all the imported audio tracks should be at the same sample rate than the one given in the Sound tab of the Preferences panel. If it is not the case, it is of course possible to import the audio track, but there will be maybe a loss of quality of this audio track.
* The last option, Play project sound in clip allows to play the global sound when working in Timeline : clip mode (more information about the global sound in lesson 9).