Question about Wibu license rehost

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Soom

Question about Wibu license rehost

Post by Soom »

Since recently I am a happy owner of the dongleless WIBU license.
It has it's cons and pros though.
The pros are obvious - no need to carry around the USB dongle anymore, especially useful for portable devices.
But the main cons is that it must be rehosted every time I switch devices or even the system on the same machine. And it must be rehosted from the device where it's currently registered - which means, that if you are switching devices or OS you must never forget to rehost the license. Which is actually much more cumbersome than just moving your dongle from USB to USB
Question is - will there ever be possible to rehost the license without logging into the current host computer?
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
at work: Windows 10, TVP 11.7.1 Std
https://vimeo.com/danas
Dean
Site Admin

Re: Question about Wibu license rehost

Post by Dean »

Hello Soom, we are always looking for new solutions to facilitate the management of your TVPaint licenses and we are working with WIBU to add these new improvements to the License Depot.
Probably a vampire
Soom

Post by Soom »

Dean wrote: 17 May 2021, 12:49 Hello Soom, we are always looking for new solutions to facilitate the management of your TVPaint licenses and we are working with WIBU to add these new improvements to the License Depot.
Thanks Dean.I hope it will become easier in the future
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

I agree that it can be quite inconvenient when you frequently change your workstation.
Shaqalak

Post by Shaqalak »

I cant seem to rehost my license when i changed pc's my pc just crashed this morning and im trying to use my laptop instead but its giving me an error.. this is really frustrating because i have a few deadlines to hit and i just want to export my files and get back to work

how can i get it to rehost if my previous pc doesn't even work anymore?
hellofilms

Post by hellofilms »

I have had this problem when using Harmony and the computer with the license crashed or could not be used. I had to mail support so they could "free" the license so I could connect it from a new version.
One way could be that you can log into your account and remove the connection to the crashed computer.
Or ( as some software do ) when you try to log in a window is asking if you want to log out from the other one.
Windows 11 - TVpaint 11.7.1(dec 5 2022) pro - Wacom cintique 24 Pro
Shaqalak

Post by Shaqalak »

hellofilms wrote: 23 Oct 2021, 16:10 I have had this problem when using Harmony and the computer with the license crashed or could not be used. I had to mail support so they could "free" the license so I could connect it from a new version.
One way could be that you can log into your account and remove the connection to the crashed computer.
Or ( as some software do ) when you try to log in a window is asking if you want to log out from the other one.
how do I remove the connection to my crashed computer if its crashed? because ive tried doing it from my new pc but i cant so i dont understand. i also have the same hard drive from the crashed pc so all the files are still there .. should i reinstall the code meter?
hellofilms

Post by hellofilms »

My post was just ideas how it could be done. I don't knwo how it works now.
Windows 11 - TVpaint 11.7.1(dec 5 2022) pro - Wacom cintique 24 Pro
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

I know its partly in the hands of WIBU, but I really like the idea of hellofilms. That's how Adobe handles it and it works quite well for me. Especially useful if you accidentaly kill your computer with the license on it
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
Soom

Post by Soom »

If I'm not mistaken, you have to follow the link that you got from TVP, then click WebAdmin link and it will take you directly to the WIBU CodeMeter license server. There you can rehost your license. If you click on ? sign, you will get a full documentation on how to do it. If not sure - contact WIBU support from the same page.
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Hello, there is no need to go to the Webadmin page, this one is to be used by network administrators with specific needs.
This page of our documentation explains how to rehost your license from your License Depot page: https://www.tvpaint.com/doc/tvp11/index ... ibu-rehost

If you need a license removed from a computer which cannot be accessed anymore, you can contact us directly :)
Probably a vampire
marijaye

Post by marijaye »

Hi All, May I just ask (since I just recently switched to the Wibu license), will we always get this rehost warning upon shutdown: "Don't forget to rehost your license to use it from another machine." I've never seen it before and want to make sure nothing is wrong with my license or file. Thanks for any insights!
mari jaye
Windows 11
11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900 @ 2.50GHz
32 GB Memory
1TB HDD/ 1 TB SSD/ 2 TB HDD
Touch
TVPaint 11 Pro 11.7.1-64 bits
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

The rehost reminder is always on by default, but it can be disabled from its own window :)
Probably a vampire
Soom

Post by Soom »

Dean wrote: 29 Nov 2021, 12:27 The rehost reminder is always on by default, but it can be disabled from its own window :)
actually is there a way to enable it after disabling by mistake?
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

Unless you recreate your user configuration, I don't think so.
We'll have a look at this for th next version.
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.