Major Issues with Windows 10 Anniversary Update Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Fabrice

Re: Major Issues with Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Post by Fabrice »

ndcanton wrote:This update problem happened to a colleague and after a month of pushing deadlines, he was forced to upgrade from 10 to 11 even though he had not owned it very long. I am considering purchasing TVPaint 11, but I'd like to know, from a customer service perspective, how this will be dealt with in the future. If another anniversary update disables TVPaint 11, will there be a free upgrade or warranty to reimburse the price for the non-functional program? Thank you.
hello and welcome,

I understand your concern.
As far as possible, each version TVPaint is compiled and tested with the lastest compilers and operating systems available.
So as long as the TVPaint Animation v11 is sold, you will be sure that it's working on the officially supported Windows OS : versions 7, 8, and 10 at this time, maybe more if there is a new Windows OS released during the life of TVPaint Animation v11.

As explained, the problem here comes from the fact that Microsoft made the "Windows 10 Anniversary update" 18 months after the TVPaint Animation v10 sales & development were both stopped.
Fabrice Debarge
Smeerik

TVPaint 10.5 pro 32bit for windows 10 stopped working

Post by Smeerik »

I can't start up TVPaint 10.5 pro 32 bit anymore on my new windows 10 computer. It worked fine a week ago, but now it crashes while it's starting up. Maybe it's because a new windows update. I don't know. I tried Re-installing but it didn't helped. I Hope this can be fixed somehow :(
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Fabrice wrote:
ndcanton wrote:This update problem happened to a colleague and after a month of pushing deadlines, he was forced to upgrade from 10 to 11 even though he had not owned it very long. I am considering purchasing TVPaint 11, but I'd like to know, from a customer service perspective, how this will be dealt with in the future. If another anniversary update disables TVPaint 11, will there be a free upgrade or warranty to reimburse the price for the non-functional program? Thank you.
hello and welcome,

I understand your concern.
As far as possible, each version TVPaint is compiled and tested with the lastest compilers and operating systems available.
So as long as the TVPaint Animation v11 is sold, you will be sure that it's working on the officially supported Windows OS : versions 7, 8, and 10 at this time, maybe more if there is a new Windows OS released during the life of TVPaint Animation v11.

As explained, the problem here comes from the fact that Microsoft made the "Windows 10 Anniversary update" 18 months after the TVPaint Animation v10 sales & development were both stopped.
I complete my colleague's post to say that's the first time in 2 decades that a windows update screws a TVPaint version. Fortunately, with the second account trick, the issue can be bypassed, even if I know it's not the most comfortable way to use his license... :/
Smeerik wrote:I can't start up TVPaint 10.5 pro 32 bit anymore on my new windows 10 computer. It worked fine a week ago, but now it crashes while it's starting up. Maybe it's because a new windows update. I don't know. I tried Re-installing but it didn't helped. I Hope this can be fixed somehow :(
Hi and welcome !

I merged your post with that topic (so you'll have your answer). Please try to make a research before creating a new thread :)
Smeerik

Post by Smeerik »

Hi and welcome !

I merged your post with that topic (so you'll have your answer). Please try to make a research before creating a new thread :)
Thank you and sorry, but when nearing a deadline and your animation program suddenly stops functioning, you don't want to spend hours searching the forum for a possible answer. There are so may topics it's like searching for a needle in a haystack sometimes.

I tried installing the 64 bit version and it works, but the problem there is that I can't render Quicktimes anymore. Is there going to be an update for the 32 bit version soon and how do I update if the program don't even starts?
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Thank you and sorry, but when nearing a deadline and your animation program suddenly stops functioning, you don't want to spend hours searching the forum for a possible answer. There are so may topics it's like searching for a needle in a haystack sometimes.
no problem, we understand.

- - -

At this time, we didn't succeed to fix it, the compiler used when creating the v10 seems too old for Windows 10 Anniversary...

Quicktime is not working with TVPaint Animation 10 - 64 bits, so you can only export uncompressed, open Quicktime Pro and compress from here.

Otherwise try this instead :
I had to make a new windows account and reinstall tvp10 - 32bits there.
Fabrice Debarge
SusanJ

Post by SusanJ »

Nice! I had the same trouble, but I could fix it because of your advices :)
Roselle2

Post by Roselle2 »

Kylerk wrote: 08 Aug 2016, 14:56 Just to clarify, it does work in windows 10, just not the newest update to version 1607 / OS build 14393.10

If anyone can confirm that TVpaint can work on that version of windows, I would be very interested to know. Staying with a downgraded version of Windows is only a short term solution because Microsoft is forcing updates after a certain period of time, so this is going to have to be fixed moving forward.
Yes so it is also on My Windows 10 Version 1607. he was bad, then build a new 14393.10 version. There play no .avi Videos.
When i load a file .avi than TV Paint go upstares.
I hope the Win.10 go better than just now. Roselle 2
PC: Intel Core-i5 12600, 32GB RAM, Grafikcard ATI RX6600, Wacom Cintiq 21" Tablett with second Full-HD Monitor.
CartoonMonkey

Post by CartoonMonkey »

Clean iso install of Windows 10 creator's update here. Zero problems with TV Paint.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

I take the liberty to summarize troubles and solutions linked to Windows 10 Anniversary update (1607), so next people visiting the forum will know what they can do.

The issue :
Basically, TVPaint Animation (whatever the version is) might not work on Windows 10 Anniversary update (1607), especially if Adobe products are installed. I listed the different solutions available depending on the TVPaint version.

Solutions for TVPaint Animation 9 or 8 - Professional and Standard Edition :
You can create another account on your computer in which only TVPaint Animation will be installed. You can also upgrade to TVPaint Animation 11 (please contact us)

Solutions for TVPaint Animation 10 Standard Edition :
You can create another account on your computer in which only TVPaint Animation will be installed. You can also upgrade to TVPaint Animation 11 (please contact us)

Solutions for TVPaint Animation 10 Professional Edition - 32 bit version :
Please install the 64 bit version instead.

Solutions for TVPaint Animation 11 Standard Edition :
The version sent on DVDs is not compatible with Windows 10 but fortunately, updating your software will fix that. If you don't have your Lock and Unlock codes, please contact us.

Solutions for TVPaint Animation 11 Professional Edition :
The 32 bit version on DVDs might not be compatible with Windows 10 but fortunately, updating your software will fix that. If you don't have your Lock and Unlock codes, please contact us.
The 64 bit version won't have any troubles, but we advise you to keep your software up to date anyway =)
Roselle2

Post by Roselle2 »

Guten Tag Elodie, und Major Issues,

Very good Thank You from this Infos.
Your Dir Roselle2
PC: Intel Core-i5 12600, 32GB RAM, Grafikcard ATI RX6600, Wacom Cintiq 21" Tablett with second Full-HD Monitor.
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

CartoonMonkey wrote: 11 Apr 2017, 05:22 Clean iso install of Windows 10 creator's update here. Zero problems with TV Paint.
Asking for a friend using Windows (since I am on Mac and know nothing about Windows) -

Is the clean install of Windows 10 Creator's Update necessary , or can he keep his current build of Windows 10 and just update to
the latest version of TVPaint 11.0.6 to solve the problems with Windows 10 ?

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

D.T. Nethery wrote: 25 Apr 2017, 14:52Asking for a friend using Windows (since I am on Mac and know nothing about Windows) -

Is the clean install of Windows 10 Creator's Update necessary , or can he keep his current build of Windows 10 and just update to
I think he can keep his build of Windows 10 (if it is possible in any way, because Windows updates since W10 are forced updates...) and just install the latest version of TVPaint Animation, this shouldn't cause any problems.
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Thierry wrote: 25 Apr 2017, 16:00
D.T. Nethery wrote: 25 Apr 2017, 14:52Asking for a friend using Windows (since I am on Mac and know nothing about Windows) -

I think he can keep his build of Windows 10 (if it is possible in any way, because Windows updates since W10 are forced updates...) and just install the latest version of TVPaint Animation, this shouldn't cause any problems.
Ok, thanks. I was wondering because CartoonMonkey had mentioned in his post above about doing a "clean iso install of Windows 10 Creator's Update" , which sounded more complicated than a straight update from Windows over the internet (because with ISO you have to download the installer , burn it to a flash drive or disc , then do your install , right ?)

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1