Shortcut on sprocket (solved) Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
momo

Shortcut on sprocket (solved)

Post by momo »

Hi,

It would be wonderful to have shortcuts for all the sprockets. That way we can ajust the timing of a long scene without having to zoom in and zoom out all the time. It would also make the "timeline view" and the project tab much more easy to use. That way we can simply go into a scene from the timeline view and re adjust the timing without zooming in and out for every keys. (of course being able to do that from the timeline view directly would be the best but I think that could be a good short term fix)
Last edited by momo on 15 Dec 2016, 11:35, edited 1 time in total.
momo
schwarzgrau

Re: Shortcut on sprocket

Post by schwarzgrau »

+1 from me.
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Excuse me, I'm just french :oops: : What do you mean by sprocket in TVP?
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
meslin

Post by meslin »

Like a film perforation, I guess.
Click the image to see a quick animation I made for my students. I deleted some noisy aspects of the interface for the sake of simple demonstration.
Attachments
Sprockets and Tails.gif
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Ok I understand!
I suggested a while ago in the french section to be able to use shortcuts (like alt/ctrl) and click and drag directly on the instances, like when we move the layer in time, but it will have the effect of the sprockets (the upper or lower one depending on the shortcut). I would use it all the time.
Right now I never use sprockets (they are too tiny for me cause I prefer to work in high resolution and I lose time trying to grab them). So I prefer to use shortcuts for the timings (like the ones in the handy panel, I have some to increment/decrement timings or just choose a number for the exposition and go to next instance).

What I've done recently is putting the "fit to exposures" shortcut on a lot of my shortcuts (going right/left, or timing changes) to always have the lowest zoom on my timeline but still see sprockets. But sometimes it's not that handy.
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
momo

Post by momo »

NathanOtano wrote:Right now I never use sprockets (they are too tiny for me cause I prefer to work in high resolution and I lose time trying to grab them). So I prefer to use shortcuts for the timings (like the ones in the handy panel, I have some to increment/decrement timings or just choose a number for the exposition and go to next instance).
Oh that actually makes sense the request is absurd....just configured my shortcuts using the animator panel buttons, working like you is much better then using the sprocket !

Thanks for the tip Nathan! :D
momo
NathanOtano

Re: Shortcut on sprocket (solved)

Post by NathanOtano »

haha no problem :)
Working on Windows 10