TVpaint Androide license problems.

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Tylos

TVpaint Androide license problems.

Post by Tylos »

Hi,

I am using Android TVPAINT every day. but today I get strange messege "software is not registred. 29 days left before expiration of demo license" Is any way to activate it.. I also havelicense of edu pro vesrion for my pc. THANKS.
Sloppytoons

Re: TVpaint Androide license problems.

Post by Sloppytoons »

Hey Guys,

I have the same issue. I booted up my Galaxy tab for some TVpainting, and it says I have 27 days left on my license. Anyways of fixing this without dongling up my tablet? I really liked having TVpaint on the go, I'll promise not to cheat on TVpaint Android with Roughanimator again :( This android solution was really good as I didn't have to risk losing my dongle when I'm latte drinking around Hong Kong, and getting some TVpaint work done.
My regular IG account: Sloppybunnytoons
Tylos

Post by Tylos »

Also i found what tvpaint android has better suport for touch... Pin and zoom works great.... On windows not so good....
spyderheart

Post by spyderheart »

Same for me. I noticed the license countdown as of yesterday ... 27 days left as of today.
Looks like we who have posted are on the same countdown.
David
--------------------------------------------------------
TVPaint 11.7 Standard
System: 64GB RAM // 3 TB SSD // Core i7 8700K // NVIDIA GTX 1080// Windows 10 Home
Sloppytoons

Post by Sloppytoons »

I hope someone at TVpaint can come up with a solution or explanation. They did something similar with TVpaint 10 android beta (the trick was to change the date on your device :p). Personally I don't mind paying for something like this if this was just a beta test. Ideally on iOS though, as my iPad Pro is considerably larger than my Samsung Galaxy Tab (that I bought specifically for TVpaint on the go)
melanie

Post by melanie »

The free Android version is a demonstration version and was released last December 2017. Its availability lasts for a year and will then come to an end at the end of the year 2018.

However, we will extend its availability for an additional year.

You will be able to download the new APK installer from your TVPaint User Account when the new version comes out, later this month.
Melanie • Animator
Sloppytoons

Post by Sloppytoons »

Awesome! Thanks! Any plans for a companion app like this for iOS and Android? I don't mind paying for it, and knowing I'll have it without stress :)
spyderheart

Post by spyderheart »

melanie wrote: 04 Dec 2018, 11:38 The free Android version is a demonstration version and was released last December 2017. Its availability lasts for a year and will then come to an end at the end of the year 2018.

However, we will extend its availability for an additional year.

You will be able to download the new APK installer from your TVPaint User Account when the new version comes out, later this month.
Just to clarify, is the following correct?
- We have been using a demo version which was released Dec 2017 and expires end of Dec 2018.
- There is a new demo version coming soon which will be available until Dec 2019. (unclear if the new version you mentioned is also a demo version...)

Does this mean we can only count on the companion app for one year at a time? Will there be a non-demo release that won't have an expiration date (or somehow connected to our main licenses)?
It would be important to know for those of us investing in tablets specifically for TVPaint.
David
TVPaint 11.7 Standard
System: 64GB RAM // 3 TB SSD // Core i7 8700K // NVIDIA GTX 1080// Windows 10 Home
melanie

Post by melanie »

For now, the free Android version is only available for a limited period of time.
We propose this version for free for the public to use and test it at will.
We can't affirm that this version will become permanent for the moment.

This version is a demo version for the people who do not own a TVPaint license and a portable solution for the TVPaint users to work anywhere they like or show their files on the go.
Of course, we will not push anyone to invest on a tablet, but we give the possibility to our users to access the software on their Android tablet if they own one.
Melanie • Animator
spyderheart

Post by spyderheart »

Thanks for the clarification :)
David
TVPaint 11.7 Standard
Sloppytoons

Post by Sloppytoons »

I don't hold buying an android tablet against you guys. I just find the portability very useful, and hope it continues. If there is anyway I can help to continue this, than please let us know :)
melanie

Post by melanie »

Thank you for your commitment :D
Melanie • Animator
melanie

Post by melanie »

We have released a new version of Android which limit has been pushed back until December 31st 2019.

You will need to uninstall your previous version before installing the new one.

Before uninstalling, I advise you to export your custom panels, your shortcuts and other customs changes that you made.

The new Open Android version is available in your TVPaint User Account.
Melanie • Animator
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

Is this Android version most equivalent to Standard or Pro TVPaint 11?

Sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
melanie

Post by melanie »

It is TVPaint Animation 11 Professional Edition without the export option.
However, you can save your work and continue working on your own license.
Melanie • Animator