Main Panel Disappears

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Sofian

Main Panel Disappears

Post by Sofian »

Hello TV Paint Community,

I am using a Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6, MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GM memory, TVPaint 11 Pro (11.0.8-32bits) with a Cintique Pro 13.

I have been working on an animated film for awhile. Today, while animating a scene, my main panel vanished. I went to the menu bar under "Windows > Main" and it appeared for a moment and disappeared again. I also tried using the menu shortcuts, and the same thing happened. I quit and relaunched TVPaint- same thing. I rebooted the computer- same thing. Does anyone have a solution?

Thank you!
Hironori Takagi

Re: Main Panel Disappears

Post by Hironori Takagi »

I think that the following part of the environment setting may be the cause.
(1) Setting to automatically fold the panel
(2) Settings behind the zoom window automatically
20190920.png
TVPaint 11.7.2(Nov 14 2023), Windows11 Pro, HP Spectre x360 Convertible 14-ea0xxx / TVPaint 11.7.1(Dec 22 2022) Mac OS 11.6, Apple MacBookPro M1 2020
Sofian

Post by Sofian »

Unfortunately, that did not seem to have an effect. I was eventually able to grab each window individually when it appeared briefly (it took a few tries) and drag it over to the right side of the screen where it locked in. I was able to retrieve each window (color, main panel) except for the tools panel, which was frustrating because I required some of the tools. Today I discovered it would pop up when I went to Custom Panel>Open all. Again, it popped up and disappeared. After a few tries I succeeded in grabbing it and dragging it to the right side of the window. So now I think I have everything I need- it is just all crowded on the right side, which I can live with.

Thank you for assistance.
Hironori Takagi

Post by Hironori Takagi »

I thought it would be effective to execute (2), but I'm sorry without success.
TVPaint 11.7.2(Nov 14 2023), Windows11 Pro, HP Spectre x360 Convertible 14-ea0xxx / TVPaint 11.7.1(Dec 22 2022) Mac OS 11.6, Apple MacBookPro M1 2020
Sofian

How do I turn off the camera tool?

Post by Sofian »

I have a really stupid question and can't seem to find the answer in the TVPaint documentation. I accidentally turned on the "camera" tool and now can't turn it off! A rectangle on the screen will not go away. I tried quitting and re-launching TVPaint, but t is still active. Clearly hitting the camera icon does not turn it off. Clicking on other tools do nothing. Could you please let me know what I need to do to turn it off? I know this is a simple fix- so frustrating. I appreciate any help!
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Hi Sofian,
I'll just copy-paste the answer I sent you via email earlier:

When you turn the camera on, the "Show Camera" option in the Display settings automatically turns on, to show you an overlay to help you see where your
camera is pointing:

Unticking this option should make the overlay disappear.
Probably a vampire