sketch panel - saving custom brush - questions

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Holger

sketch panel - saving custom brush - questions

Post by Holger »

The sketch panel is a fantastic tool.
I often find myself adjusting the sketch panel brushes. I would like to avoid doing this over and over. I have tried to save the adjusted brush as a custom brush, but found that the saved brush doesn't retain some of the sketch panel functionalities. For example the tint brush. I don't like it to be fuzzy, like an airbrush. So I adjust the profile to give it sharp edges. The default size value 25 might be too big, so I decrease the size to 12. Then I save this as a custom brush. If I go back to drawing with other brushes in black and then want to use this new custom brush it acts like a normal brush instead of tinting.

I don't know anything about scripting, but I took a screen grab of the edit menu of a default tinting brush (left) and the saved adjusted brush (right). I can see how they look different, but I have no idea on what to do with that.

I was hoping to get some easy to understand tips that can help me to save adjusted sketch brushes with all their powers intact.

Thanks!
Attachments
sketch.jpg
Mac mini
Intel Core i7
3 GHz
16 GB
TVPaint 11.0.10 pro (mac-64)
cgmodeler

Re: sketch panel - saving custom brush - questions

Post by cgmodeler »

Hello Holger, the problem is that the SketchPanel Tint Brushes are not using the normal color to tint instead they use a customMode
"tv_custommode 0 0 0 0 255 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0" -- This function represents the tinting color instead of a normal ColorA or ColorB

If you want your brush to TINT, then the easiest way would be to lock the layer transparency and then paint with your brush, that'll be the closest to the tinting you're looking for with the custom brush.

Also you could remove the COLOR A and COLOR B from your CUSTOMBRUSH and just add a TYPE SCRIPT COMMAND with a fixed color for tinting. In that case would be this command for RED

tv_custommode 0 0 0 0 255 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0

Hope it helps
www.cocoalopez.com
vimeo / 156794487
Desktop: TVP Pro 11.0.8 - 64bit Win 7 x64 48GB RAM - GTX1070 - Cintiq 27QHD Driver 6.3.29
Holger

Re: sketch panel - saving custom brush - questions

Post by Holger »

Thank you! I will try the idea with replacing color a/b with tv_custommode 0 0 0 0 255 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0.
Mac mini
Intel Core i7
3 GHz
16 GB
TVPaint 11.0.10 pro (mac-64)