Moving selected instances in multiple layers

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
pine_needle

Moving selected instances in multiple layers

Post by pine_needle »

Howdy. My issue is pretty simple but I haven't really found a satisfactory answer thru some quick searches on the forum.

I've animated something on several layers. Now I need to move certain sections of the complete animation. So I would've liked to select, say, 10 instances on four different layers and move them forward all together.

I tried CTRL-selecting the relevant layers, then selecting the 10 relevant instances on one of these layers, but then all the other layers get unselected. Also tried selecting the 10 instances first on one of the layers, then tried to select more of the layers but this has the same effect.

Only method I've got right now is more time consuming than I feel it should be: I mark the 10 instances on all layers with a colour to make them stand out, then I move them layer by layer, making sure these coloured segments line up. It's tolerable for the 4 layers I'm working with, but I've animated elements on 10 layers or more and that's more of a problem.

Is this just something I can't do in TVPaint?

Thanks xo
slowtiger

Re: Moving selected instances in multiple layers

Post by slowtiger »

1. Select all affected layers
2. Grab that little handle at the first frame and drag
All frames in all selected layers should move the same amount once you release that handle.
This only works as long as the frame structure of all layers is the same. You can have 12 frames on ones in one layer and a 12 frame hold in another, and grab the first frame and it will work. You cannot have 12 frames on 1's and 12 frames on 2's in another layer and grb the second frame: the point where you grab must have a frame in all layers.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
condepablo

Re: Moving selected instances in multiple layers

Post by condepablo »

I have the same issue. There is no way to move the selected frames on several layers at once?
Attachments
Captura.PNG
Captura.PNG (35.6 KiB) Viewed 6448 times