Beginner: seeing multiple translucent frames at once (onion skin turned off)

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
newbiegal

Beginner: seeing multiple translucent frames at once (onion skin turned off)

Post by newbiegal »

Hi, I am animating two robots talking to one another. Each robot is on his own layer, so there are two layers, robot1, and robot2. I have drawn all the key frames for each robot, but there is an issue. For some reason with robot 1 I can see all the key frames perfectly and so have been able to time them out to match my audio. But with robot 2 I can see all my key frames but it is sort of like an onion skin type effect, where the current frame is always seen with multiple other frames and I can't actually figure out which frame it is. I have checked the onion skin tool and it is turned off so I really don't know why this is the case. Please help.
D.T. Nethery

Re: Beginner: seeing multiple translucent frames at once (onion skin turned off)

Post by D.T. Nethery »

newbiegal wrote: 25 Jun 2020, 09:48 Hi, I am animating two robots talking to one another. Each robot is on his own layer, so there are two layers, robot1, and robot2. I have drawn all the key frames for each robot, but there is an issue. For some reason with robot 1 I can see all the key frames perfectly and so have been able to time them out to match my audio. But with robot 2 I can see all my key frames but it is sort of like an onion skin type effect, where the current frame is always seen with multiple other frames and I can't actually figure out which frame it is. I have checked the onion skin tool and it is turned off so I really don't know why this is the case. Please help.
It seems to me that what you may have done is turned off the Light Table panel (the light bulb icon) in the top row of tool icons, but that does not deactivate the Light Table , that only closes the Light Table panel. To deactivate the Light Table on your animation layer(s) , turn it off in the Layer Panel below. (each separate layer can have the Light Table activated on that layer , so if you have multiple layers, be sure that the Light Table is turned off for each layer)

See screenshot.
deactivate_Light_Table.jpg

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
newbiegal

Re: Beginner: seeing multiple translucent frames at once (onion skin turned off)

Post by newbiegal »

Thankyou for replying. I tried it and it hasn't changed anything. Another issue that has come to my attention on robot 1 is that some of the frames are missing even though the frames are still there, they are blank white boxes and there is nothing in those spaces. :cry:
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

What version of TVPaint are you using and what is your operating system ?

(re: this )

Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Hello Newbiegal,

Could you post a screenshot of your TVPaint window with the visual bug appearing, please?
Probably a vampire
newbiegal

Post by newbiegal »

I have an attachment here
Attachments
robots.png
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

It's like I said before: turn off the Light Table.
Turn off Light Table.png

newbiegal

Post by newbiegal »

I have turned it off but it still does nothing :(
Attachments
image.png
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Far fetched guess: did you, at any moment, stretch this layer? With interpolation on?
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
newbiegal

Post by newbiegal »

I think I did actually, I might have accidentally stretched it at some point when I was adjusting frames.
newbiegal

Post by newbiegal »

Do you know how to get it back to normal? I think I remeber accidently stretching it or something but I'm a beginner so I don't really know what I've done :oops:
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

Help us help you. Please follow the directions for new forum members which can be found HERE. If you look at everybody elses' posts, you will see we all include details about our system setups, including which release version of TVPaint we all use. And when possible include a screen shot...

Sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

No, I suppose you can't just have it back to normal since you did too many actions in the meantime. (You may try by hitting cmd-Z multiple times and watch your timeline, but save the projet under a different name first.)

If it's only a few frames it's easiest to trace the different positions onto a new layer.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

(I would also advise you to update your TVPaint version, as you're using an "old" TVP 10 one, judging by the screenshots.)
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Thierry wrote: 29 Jun 2020, 11:03 (I would also advise you to update your TVPaint version, as you're using an "old" TVP 10 one, judging by the screenshots.)
Newbiegal , I think perhaps what Thierry is so politely hinting at is this: are you using the cracked version of TVPaint 10.0.7 or 10.0.16 ? (those are the two pirated cracked versions floating around out there) If you are using a cracked version then there's no further help available here. For one thing, even with the legitimate version of TVPaint 10 (the last iteration is 10.5.7 ) , version 10 is no longer officially supported . (but if you do have a legit license of TVPaint 10 , at least update it to 10.5.7 , because that version had many improvements over the earlier versions of TVPaint 10). However, the main issue is that to stay in business , small software companies like TVPaint must sell their software , it's not to be given away for free on pirate torrent sites or else there is no more TVPaint Co. , understand ? All development of the software stops dead if there is no financial incentive for the TVPaint Co. to do any further development on the software. TVPaint version 11 has been released since 2015. If you are choosing to continue using a cracked version of the older TVPaint 10 , you are on your own for any technical issues that come up.

Please understand, I'm not saying that to be rude, but just stating the facts. Our TVPaint Community can't support the use of pirated software , because if pirated versions of TVPaint become the norm then that means that the TVPaint Co. won't continue . Many of us have too many years invested in using this software on a professional basis to stand by and watch it destroyed by pirated versions of the software.