TV Paint on Android - Issues on Samsung Tab S7

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
bradfordmoore80

TV Paint on Android - Issues on Samsung Tab S7

Post by bradfordmoore80 »

Greetings,

I just picked up a Samsung Tab S7 and have been having problems with TV Paint. It seems to crash frequently in very simple scenes. It also has an odd issue where only special characters work when typing in nearly every field. For example, if I try to save a new file I can only save it as something like "$[.tvpp." No standard letters seem to work. Very strange.

Are there Android updates in the roadmap? The new Samsung tablets would be fantastic tools for TV Paint now that they come in a larger size.
Svengali

Re: TV Paint on Android - Issues on Samsung Tab S7

Post by Svengali »

I've been looking at the S7* and wondered about the stylus barrel switch... is it a single press or upper and lower rocker switch like the Wacom? Also, did you get the 512Gb?

As to availability of TVPaint Android version, you might have to own a PC or MAC version to get the Android version (not sure about that...) Where did you purchase your S7+?

sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
bradfordmoore80

Hey Sven, Its a single switch. Its not nearly as useful as a traditional Wacom, but I do actually like it better than the Apple Pencil. I'm switching from an iPad Pro to the Tab s7+ for this reason.

I went with the 256 model and bought it directly from Samsung.

I actually have the Windows version of TV Paint Pro. So, I'm familiar with how it should work.... although this is the first time I have tried it on an Android device.
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

thanks for the info. I'm looking at Costco which offers the 128Gb model with a nice keyboard cover for $979 plus 30 day return no questions. But I'll see what the Samsung site offers.

I've used TVPaint Android on an old Samsung 10.1 tablet for years and have been very happy with it, even with the single switch (I bought a 3rd party stylus that was much more comfortable than the hide-a-stylus that came with. I think the S7+ offers a microcard slot, do you use that?

I've got no idea about the special characters... maybe you need to look at the preferences and look at the different language/character sets offered?

sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Chillrobski

Post by Chillrobski »

Hello TVPaint users! Thanks for this thread. I’m also looking at purchasing the Samsung - Galaxy Tab S7 Plus to use with TVPaint. Reluctantly I’ve come to accept that an IOS version might not happen..... @bradford Moore80 were you able to resolve the issues you’ve detailed? Could anyone on the TVPaint team create a demo video for this device? It would be most appreciated. Thanks again for the thread and the info that all have shared. :)
bradfordmoore80

Hey Guys, I haven't quite resolved the issues yet on my Samsung Tab s7. A recent OS update seems to make it more stable. I haven't noticed crashing, but I haven't pushed it very hard yet. The text/typing issue is still there. I haven't tried connecting a keyboard to it yet. That may have some positive affect on it. Its still quite nice to be able to use TV Paint on a powerful tablet!
Chillrobski

Post by Chillrobski »

HI bradfordmoore80 ! Thanks for the update!!! I'm definitely thinking I'm going to take the plunge and check this tablet out. Any further advice you might have is surely appreciated!
bradfordmoore80

Just wanted to update that my issue with typing is resolved when using the Samsung Keyboard cover. So far I'd say the S7+ is a great little art machine that competes well with the iPad pro.
Chillrobski

Post by Chillrobski »

Hi all! Finally got the tablet and having TVPaint on it is awesome! The drawing is great but the palm rejection is a little hindering. When resting my palm on the screen, blue pen marks show up. It also happens when rotating the canvas. Is there a way to disable the gestures? This might help with this problem. Hopefully can there be a fix for this from the developers?

Also still holding on hope the TVPaint might come to the IPad. This would be a big hit for the TVPaint team! Don’t need all the bells and whistles, just the basics will do. Take my money for an iPad app please! Thanks!
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

Costco members, the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ (128gb) is currently on sale for $879.00 including the keyboard cover. Nov 24 - Dec 20... try it for 30 days and return if unsatisfied. Seems like its time.
Sloppytoons

Post by Sloppytoons »

TVpaint should fly on the Tab S7. I used to use it on my Tab s3, and Now I I have a Tab s6 lite. TVpaint works on it like a charm. I had infrequent crashes on the S3, and the Tab S 6 lite I think I had 2 - 3 crashes in 3 months.

So Is it better now?

I do find the amount of UI on it to be too much, does it look a lot better on the bigger s7+? The smaller ones for now it's only good to start scenes and animate WeChat stickers. I don't think I can do a complete job on 11 inch or smaller screen.
My regular IG account: Sloppybunnytoons