macOS Big Sur and TVPaint Animation 11

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Xavier

Re: macOS Big Sur and TVPaint Animation 11

Post by Xavier »

l_jancar wrote: 04 Dec 2020, 14:34 Hello,

I was unaware of the issue with Big Sur and I found out today when I tried to launch TvPaint and it didn't work. I already have tried to install 11.5 update but that did not solve anything. Can anyone please help me with this problem? Thank you so much
Please contact the support team : https://tvpaint.odoo.com/en_US/page/contactus
l_jancar

Post by l_jancar »

Xavier wrote: 04 Dec 2020, 14:53
l_jancar wrote: 04 Dec 2020, 14:34 Hello,

I was unaware of the issue with Big Sur and I found out today when I tried to launch TvPaint and it didn't work. I already have tried to install 11.5 update but that did not solve anything. Can anyone please help me with this problem? Thank you so much
Please contact the support team : https://tvpaint.odoo.com/en_US/page/contactus
Thank you, I´m hoping to resolve this issue soon
PaulBushArt

Post by PaulBushArt »

I just received my new Mac which has Big Sur preinstalled. It's also an Apple Silicon M1 based Mac. Has TVPaint been tried on an M1 based Mac? Will there be a native version of TVpaint for the M1?

Just curious as so far this thing is amazing!
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Something else about Big Sur :

https://lifehacker.com/make-sure-macos- ... 1845683389
"According to numerous reports, upgrading to macOS Big Sur allegedly bricks late-2013 and early-2014 MacBook Pros.

Here’s where it gets strange, though. The problems aren’t exclusive to just these MacBooks."
(see article for more details)
My Macbook Pro is late 2013 , so I'm not going to update to Big Sur.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

PaulBushArt wrote: 07 Dec 2020, 21:20 I just received my new Mac which has Big Sur preinstalled. It's also an Apple Silicon M1 based Mac. Has TVPaint been tried on an M1 based Mac? Will there be a native version of TVpaint for the M1?

Yes, we have a test machine and TVPaint works ! But not the Safenet dongle driver.

And yes, a native version is planned.
daninski

Post by daninski »

Hi,

I have a new laptop here I need to run TVPaint on but it's not recognising the dongle. It's running big sur, I'm a bit confused about what the solution is reading this.
http://www.daninski.com
Award winning director with an iMac from about 2013 and a cintiq from about 2009, there's some RAM too.
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

daninski wrote: 16 Dec 2020, 14:06 I have a new laptop here I need to run TVPaint on but it's not recognising the dongle. It's running big sur, I'm a bit confused about what the solution is reading this.
The old dongle will never work on Big Sure, it's not supported by the manufacturer. Please get in touch with the support team to change for another kind of license.
hqcariello

Post by hqcariello »

I'm Extremely Thankful to TVPaint Staff to make TVPaint work on my my Mac with Big Sur!!! Fantastic Team!!!!
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

thanks for them Image
sirim

Post by sirim »

Xavier wrote: 10 Dec 2020, 01:30
PaulBushArt wrote: 07 Dec 2020, 21:20 I just received my new Mac which has Big Sur preinstalled. It's also an Apple Silicon M1 based Mac. Has TVPaint been tried on an M1 based Mac? Will there be a native version of TVpaint for the M1?

Yes, we have a test machine and TVPaint works ! But not the Safenet dongle driver.

And yes, a native version is planned.
Hello! Is the machine used in the test m1 MacBook Air or Pro? In the 13-inch MacBook Pro(intel based) that I used before, there was a frame drop when playing TVpaint, so I wonder if the new M1 MacBook Air will work smoothly.
:)
Artano

Post by Artano »

Hello out there,

I've already contacted the support. They gave me a time limited version of TVPaint 11.5 and I have to send in the Dongle for an exchange to the permanent dongle less version.
However I've installed everything but TVPaint still won't work with Big Sur. When I try to install the post Sierra version of the code meter, it won't let me. It opens but doesn't show me the installation steps nor any button.The pre Sierra version I can somehow install and I was able to activate my license with it. But that's it. TVPaint still won't open. It just says: "TVPaint can't be opened because apple can't search for malware in it". And that it still needs to be updated. I've spent all day now trying to find out what's the problem and I really need to work with TVPaint now. If anyone knows how to fix this or what might have been my mistake, please help quickly. I'm getting frustrated XD. :?

Regards, Artano
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Artano wrote: 13 Jan 2021, 16:34 I've already contacted the support. They gave me a time limited version of TVPaint 11.5 and I have to send in the Dongle for an exchange to the permanent dongle less version.
With the limited version you have been given, there's no need to have a dongle I think :)
Artano

Post by Artano »

Xavier wrote: 14 Jan 2021, 13:13
Artano wrote: 13 Jan 2021, 16:34 I've already contacted the support. They gave me a time limited version of TVPaint 11.5 and I have to send in the Dongle for an exchange to the permanent dongle less version.
With the limited version you have been given, there's no need to have a dongle I think :)
This must be a misunderstanding. What I wanted to say was that the dongle less license doesn't work either. I managed to install the post Sierra version of the code meter and the dongle less version now but it still errors. An I've also checked the security settings. Doesn't make any difference.
It might be a problem with the license, but I'm not sure. I transferred it to the web to then transfer it to my computer, but I can't choose to which CmContainer I want to transfer it to.
There's one that's pre-selected and it's always the same, no matter what I connect. So maybe it doesn't transfer to my laptop and that's why the program is timing out?
Otherwise I don't know, because the error message is still for TVPaint 11 instead of 11.5., even though I'm opening the correct one.
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-14 um 17.51.50.png
Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-14 um 17.51.50.png (49.99 KiB) Viewed 23908 times
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Hi Artano,
Was your issue resolved over a request via our contact form? If not you can PM me :)
Probably a vampire
winmoeaung

Post by winmoeaung »

Hi I just installed Big Sur and my tvpaint dongle not working. I tried to update software but it is not available yet. When will it be available? Please let me know