'File Won't be Fully Usable' Message + How to get around it

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
durianice

'File Won't be Fully Usable' Message + How to get around it

Post by durianice »

Hi!

I'm currently working on Version 11 of TVPaint but for the past couple of months, I've been receiving this message whenever I try to save a file:

"This file won't be fully usable from TVPaint Animation from version 11.0.0 to version 11.0.2. If you decide to save it anyway, please make sure that TVPaint Animation is updated to its last version (>=11.0.3) on the machine the file needs to be opened. NB: previous versions 10.5.7 & 9.5.21 will be able to read this file properly."

It does not give me any alternative besides saving it despite the consequences or cancelling my save. What can I do to get around this? I may need to update in the future but that would mean I can't open important files from this version I'm currently using.

And since I've already saved multiple files with the message popping up, is there any way that I can save them differently so that they can be opened if I do update?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 8.44.24 PM.png
ematecki
Site Admin

Re: 'File Won't be Fully Usable' Message + How to get around it

Post by ematecki »

No, it's ONLY versions 11.0.0 to 11.0.2 which won't be able to read this file.
And these are obsolete versions...
Quicktime is DEAD. Get over it and move on !
durianice

Post by durianice »

Hi,

I did not know that. Does this mean that versions past 11.0.1 and 11.0.2 will be able to read these files then? I could not find information about what version TVPaint is currently offering so I was confused.
ematecki
Site Admin

Post by ematecki »

Yes, from 11.0.3 and onwards.
Currently it's 11.0.10, with the free update 11.5.x.
Quicktime is DEAD. Get over it and move on !