Export TVP 2 AE / Json / Bounding box

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
mnolo

Export TVP 2 AE / Json / Bounding box

Post by mnolo »

Hi, I've been trying to find a direct way for exporting a TVP project with its animation contained in individual bounding boxes (and not in bounding boxes the size of the layer/project) but all ways I found are quite cumbersome. I suppose I must be making something wrong, so I hope you can help me. Let me try to explain what I mean:
I start with a TVP project with animation and export it via JSON script to AE in, let's say, png's. No problem here all goes as expected, but when I try to manipulate the individual animation frames in AE, the bounding box has the size of the project, what it is inconvenient for what I wish to do afterwards. I have realised that when I import a png sequence from PS to AE I get a dialog in AE wehere I can choose the kind of composition I wish in my sequenced and where I can tick "using bounding box" but I do not get that window when I export via JSON nor exported as psd's from TVP. Is it conditioned by TVP or am I missing something?
I have read that TVP11 includes a George script or command that gets the bounding box of the desired the frames, but I could not find it included (as for TVP11PRO .0v10).
The George scrip:
CODE: SELECT ALL
tv_imagegetbound ["format" "XYXY|XYWH"]
// @param[in] "format": to choose the format of the returned value
// @return "empty"
// @return x1 y1 x2 y2
// @return x1 y1 w h
// @return < 0 if error[/i][/code]
[/size]
returned nothing, but I probably didn't use it correctly. Anyway I do not think that it would solution the mentioned export and would add one more step...
The test via previous conversion of the animation in an animation brush wasn't satisfactory and complex, so I suppose there must be an easier way.
Thanks for the help!
(Tested with the last version of Adobe CC and TVP on PC -Windows10- and MAC-Catalina. No difference)