Xavier

Re: Tvpaint Android keeps crashing on s7 plus

Post by Xavier »

janiko wrote: 03 Feb 2021, 15:24 Hello,
Tvpaint keeps crashing after i updated my s7 plus,
Any idea how to solve this?
Greetings
Nikolaus
Yes, Antoine's right, at least which version of Android is it ?

Basic idea : go to Settings->Applications->TVPaint->Manage storage and try to clear the cache.
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

I'm using the S7+ as well, and updated Android 11 yesterday (UI 3.1).

TVPaint Android has now stopped working for me too (attempt to boot up immediately returns to desktop), TVPaint Animation 11.5.0.11286 Pro apk

Tried reinstalling , after which same result, boot up returns to desktop. Tried removing previous installed TVPaint, then attempted fresh install which, itself failed.

sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
janiko

Post by janiko »

it´s the latest android version, i updated it, and i could never start tvpaint again, it keeps closing quickly, before even showing up.
The same Issue that Sven describes.
janiko

Post by janiko »

Hello,
Is there any chance that this could be solved soon?
Any idea why it does not start at all?
Greetings
Nikolaus
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

Hello,

It's on our radar, we've had similar reports these last few days.
I have no ETA on when it'll be resolved, but I'll put a warning on the website.
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
TVPUSER

Post by TVPUSER »

I Recently flashed an older firmware to my Tab S7 and installed TVPaint again which works as expected
However I've encountered a peculiar issue when changing the theme and unchecking the "Flat" checkbox for the UI appearance section
TVP would crash upon startup and clearing the cache and even uninstalling and reinstalling would still have the application crash on startup.

I managed to fix this by deleting the config.ini file in internal storage>Android data>fr.tvpaint.developpment>tvp animation pro
I've encountered a similar issue with the same fix for TVPaint on windows a while back which had the same issue even with reinstalls..

I haven't tested this solution on the newest firmware because I'd rather not update my tablet right now...
I don't think this would help much because I even tried to do a system reset which sould start me out totally fresh but mabye its worth a try?
TVPaint 11.7 Pro 64, Windows 10 Home
i7-8700k, 48GB, RTX 2080 8G, Cintiq Pro 24 (3840x2160)
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

I don't know much about the Android version. However I know that many Android apps save temporary files to the device storage.

Looking at a random Android tablet we have, I found files in Android/data/fr.tvpaint.development on the internal storage.

You may try getting rid of this folder and restart TVPaint.
dilatair

Post by dilatair »

Dear TVpaint Team!

I updated my Samsung Galaxy S6 tablet as well, and now i'm unable to use TVpaint, just as the OP.
I did not found files at "Android/data/fr.tvpaint.development" on the internal storage, so I have no clue, how to solve this issue.
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Sorry, the only way we found so far is to downgrade the device to a firmware that works with TVPaint ... namely Android 10 or previous.

We investigated this, it seems to be a permission issue but we have little clues (and even more little ressources) to fix it.
Sloppytoons

Post by Sloppytoons »

I hope you guys can find a fix. I've been enjoying having a version of TVpaint on the go. Just upgraded to the Tab S7, as I couldn't handle the ghosting on my Tab S6 lite.

Am I the only one happy to pay for this version? I would Happily pay a $100 (not a subscription) to have this as my companion app to the desktop.
My regular IG account: Sloppybunnytoons
Tylos

Post by Tylos »

Is any news. Is tvpaint working on Android 11. And above?. Has anybody tried on S7 Fe edition?
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Tylos wrote: 28 Jul 2021, 10:09 Is any news. Is tvpaint working on Android 11. And above?. Has anybody tried on S7 Fe edition?
I am also interested to know if there is any update about getting TVPaint to run on Android 11 ? I'm still vacillating between getting an iPad Pro or a less expensive Samsung tablet . Obviously, with an iPad I don't get the option of using TVPaint at all, so I would have to do rough animation with Rough Animator or Callipeg on iPad , then transfer image sequences from RA or Callipeg to TVPaint on my Macbook so I could continue working in TVPaint for cleanup and coloring, camera moves, etc. , but IF I could know for sure that I was able to use TVPaint on a Samsung tablet running the most up-to-date Android OS that would tip the scales in favor of a Samsung tablet for me. (new Samsung tablets currently come with Android 11 , although Android 12 is supposed to come out in September 2021. I hope any changes in Android 12 do not present another setback to running TVPaint on Android ... it would be sad to see TVPaint finally fixed to run on Android 11 , only to find that it won't run on Android 12).

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Tylos

Post by Tylos »

I think Android 11 has restricted access to Android/data. Tvpaint holds some temp files and so on... I it might be a problem. So rooting might help... But I don't have any Android 11 device jet..