"Project > Clip: Add Single Exposure" doesn't work if there is an Out Point set

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Soom

"Project > Clip: Add Single Exposure" doesn't work if there is an Out Point set

Post by Soom »

I am using the shortcut "Project > Clip: Add Single Exposure" to extend (and shorten) my clips in the Project view.
However, if the clip has an Out Point already set, it would not work. If I enter inside the clip and use the same shortcut it does work on the layers (but the Out Point stays the same).
I understand that the Project Timeline view prioritizes The In-Out points over Layer's length, but that means that there is no easy way to play around with clip's length on the Timeline, because as soon as I touch it with my mouse to expand/shorten it, it automatically creates an Out Point, preventing me from using a shortcut in the future, unless I go inside the clip and remove the Out Pint again. For an animatic editing workflow this is very cumbersome. I think this behavior should be reworked, otherwise it beats the purpose of having this shortcut... I think this shortcut should set a new Out Point every time it is used or something like that.
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
at work: Windows 10, TVP 11.7.1 Std
https://vimeo.com/danas