Switching tools, eraser size Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
tao

Switching tools, eraser size

Post by tao »

Hello,
I would like to switch between pen and eraser by swaping the pen tips and I would like the eraser to be bigger than the pen. After I start to draw with the eraser tip - it just changes the drawing mode into "erase", if i increase the eraser brush size and then flip the pen back to draw with the pen tip - it changes the drawing mode back to "color" but the size stays the same. I tried assigning a key to the "swap tools" function - but it doesn't seem to do anything - I press the key, change the size, then press it again - change the size or even tool - press again - nothing happens.
Sorry if the question was asked here before - I just couldn't fix it.
What am I doing wrong? I haven't been using TVpaint for a while. I remember being able to assign a specific tool to each of the pen ends, so it changes in the tool panel automatically when you flip the pen - in the previous versions, like 11.0.8 but it seems to work different since the update to the last version.
I'm running TVpaint 11.5 on Windows 10 system.

Thanks a a lot in advance!
Dean
Site Admin

Re: Switching tools, eraser size

Post by Dean »

Hello Tao, in the preferences a new option allows you to choose the behavior for your pen's eraser tip.
Attachments
TVPaint_Animation_11.5_Pro_(64bits)_tEzfVfQH3N.png
TVPaint_Animation_11.5_Pro_(64bits)_tEzfVfQH3N.png (13.84 KiB) Viewed 9205 times
Probably a vampire
tao

Re: Switching tools, eraser size

Post by tao »

Dean wrote: 17 May 2021, 09:23 Hello Tao, in the preferences a new option allows you to choose the behavior for your pen's eraser tip.
Hello Dean,
thank you very much! I've been looking for it everywhere. Cool that you can switch between these options now!