Import a movie as a reference instead of embedding the data in tvpp file Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
mobrien

Import a movie as a reference instead of embedding the data in tvpp file

Post by mobrien »

Hola~

I'm trying to better understand what importing a movie into tvpp means.

Is there a way to import a movie into a tvpp file so that the movie is referenced? In other words, I'd like to be able to import a movie in a way that if the original movie is updated it will automatically update the corresponding layer in the project on the next start of tvpp.

Does that make sense? Is that possible?

MO
Dean
Site Admin

Re: Import a movie as a reference instead of embedding the data in tvpp file

Post by Dean »

Hello, this is all done by using the Open/Import option from the File menu, then selecting a video file instead of a preexising .tvpp file.
A number of import options will then appear in a new panel. The "Preload" option must be ticked if you want the file to be fully included in your project, but please note that the weight of the video file will be added to your project's.
Attachments
TVPaint_Animation_11.5_Pro_(64bits)_nHsAdQlesC.png
Probably a vampire
ematecki
Site Admin

Post by ematecki »

Just uncheck the "PreLoad" option in the import dialog.
It is strongly advised to Lock that layer, because if you draw on one of it's frames, or modify it in any other way (FX,etc...), that frame will be stored in the project and not reloaded the next time.
Quicktime is DEAD. Get over it and move on !
mobrien

Post by mobrien »

Hrm. So, this is super close. I was hitting what I'm guessing was a bug testing this. If you import the movie with a cleared "PreLoad" option, works great. You close tv paint. Replace the movie with a new one. Start TV paint. The ff of the old movie is displayed. The rest of the frames are correct, it's just the first frame.