Update User Guide

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Milton Gray

Update User Guide

Post by Milton Gray »

Hello. I purchased TV Paint 11 Pro in August 2020. My iMac computer is OS 10.15.6 Catalina with 32GB of memory, one terabyte of SSD storage, and 4K resolution. My Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 has 4K resolution. My Cintiq and my iMac are completely new and dedicated solely to my TV Paint 11 Pro. Do you have plans to update the User Guide for the TV Paint 11 Pro program so that people can read it to learn how to use this new program? I tried so hard last year to learn the program, and carefully read literally every page of the User Guide, but it was so outdated that there were just too many steps missing regarding the new program. I haven't even turned on my TV Paint 11 Pro program since February this year and have been animating on paper because the instructions in the User Guide were so outdated, it was just impossible to use the program. But now I really need to use the program, so when will the User Guide be updated so that it is relevant to the TV Paint 11 Pro program? My friends in Los Angeles who also use TV Paint 11 Pro are as frustrated as I am. -- Or, do you know of someone in the Los Angeles area (in California, U.S.A.) who is expert at operating the TV Paint 11 Pro program so that I can pay him or her to teach me (us) how to operate the new program? Please, I am desperate.
D.T. Nethery

Re: Update User Guide

Post by D.T. Nethery »

I could help you with that , Milton . Send me a PM with your email.

I'm in Florida , so we would have to conduct the sessions via Zoom , if that's ok with you.

carefully read every page of the User Guide, but it was so outdated that there were just too many steps missing regarding the new program.
What parts of the User Guide are you finding to be outdated ? What steps are missing that are preventing you from using the program ?

You mean this user manual , right ?

https://www.tvpaint.com/doc/en/tvpaint-animation-11
Last edited by D.T. Nethery on 09 Aug 2021, 15:25, edited 1 time in total.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
ematecki
Site Admin

Post by ematecki »

There are also the tutorials :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UxV0CT ... x-Q3F7GepJ

Not 100% up to date, but close enough.
Quicktime is DEAD. Get over it and move on !
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

ematecki wrote: 09 Aug 2021, 09:41 There are also the tutorials :
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... x-Q3F7GepJ

Not 100% up to date, but close enough.
And with the video tutorials I think it is not the case that any of the tutorials are now completely out of date (irrelevant), but that not all the more recent features of TVPaint 11.5 have been covered by additional video tutorials. Are you aware of any of the video tutorials (or sections of the user manual ) that now contain inaccurate or irrelevant information ? As far as I know all the basic features of TVPaint 11 have stayed the same, alongside of new developments in TVPaint 11.5.

D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Milton Gray , do you still require assistance ?

Your post above (from August 8 ) sounded rather urgent, but you don't seem to check back to the forum to see if anyone responded to answer your questions.

If you're still having an issue understanding how to use the program after consulting the User Manual and the video tutorials , please contact me , I'd be glad to consult with you.